“Don't Miss It!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Picante has been around for years and never gets old! the agua frescas are authentic, the hand-made tortillas are to die for, and they have the best chile relleno I've ever had in my life! And I am a fan of the chile relleno, trust me! Parking can be tricky, but stick with it and don't forget to try to the two small lots just to the south of the restaurant. And now that they've perfected the call-ahead pick-up zone, its possible for you to get fast take-out without ever leaving your car! I take everyone who visits and professes to love "Mexican" food there and everyone is amazed, at how delicious it is, how lively the atmosphere is, and how completely affordable the prices are! We go AT LEAST once a month!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good, tasty, healthy food. You pay a bit more than more down home taquerias, but the quality and ambience are worth it. Order at the counter, and they bring your food to you via an electronic tag/locator system. What will they think of next?

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went here with not too many expectations, but we were positively amazed. The atmosphere immediately makes you smile, and it is very affordable. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived, and there was a long queue, but they are very efficient and it was our turn to order even before we were finished making a choice. We haven't been to other Mexican restaurants in the US (yet), but the food is great compared to what restaurants back in Amsterdam have to offer.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were craving good mexican food last weekend and decided to try out Picante. I had passed the restaurant a few times and it looks very nice on the outside. I have to say I was a bit disappointed.

Before you go there you should know that they don't serve you. You have to place your order at the bar and they bring your food to your table. You also cannot sit down before you place your order, so you have to kind of stand uncomfortably in the middle of the dining room to decide what you want. They also don't give you chips and salsa like most mexican restaurants do. If you are looking for a real restaurant and a nice night out, you might want to try somewhere else.

I ordered the steak plate, because I love fajitas but these were not on the menu. The steak plate came with tortillas on the side. The meat was good, but the overall dish was bland. It was just meat, rice and beans. I missed some guacamole, sour cream, and vegetables (union, red pepper, green pepper?) maybe some cheese. They also served corn tortillas which I do not like, but that is personal preference.

The atmosphere was nice and the food came fast though. You can also sit outside, which is nice. It can be hard to find a restaurant with an outdoor patio.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is usually pretty bustling, but most of the time I can get a table. It is across between sit down and self serve. You order and play up front and they bring the food to your table. I love their food for being affordable and not too unhealthy. The staff is usually super nice and helpful. They have good drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic, and very yummy chocolate cake. There are two outside spots to eat: one in front and one on the side, behind the fence, with those tall outdoor warmer lamps and a cute little fountain. It is a place suitable for family and the outdoor, side patio is quiet enough to talk with friends.