“The Best”

Kirala
Ranked #17 of 695 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Emeryville, California, USA
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Plain and simple, Kirala has the best sushi in the east bay. Great service, really fresh ingridients.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chibiri

San Ramon, California
“One of my all-time faves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been going to Kirala for years. This is one one of our go-to date night spots for my wife and me. The sushi is always fresh and the quality is high. Love the robata grilled lobster tails. Can't wait to return.

Visited June 2013
Oakland, California
“The place to go for sushi in the East Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What can I say? I am a strong believer that if a place is packed all the time, there must be something going right here. This is definitely true for Kirala. Expect to wait but know it is worth it. Put your name in at the front door and thten head to the back to meet the grumpy old man that works the back bar. Do not judge the rest of your experience based on what that guy does b/c he is an exception to the rule. After he ignores you and finally serves you and you are finally seated, sit back and enjoy some of the best sushi in town. They also have a full grill that has a lot of great dishes on it as well. Save room for dessert and I promise you will be back for more every time you have a sushi craving.

Visited September 2013
Berkeley, California
“Best sushi and robata”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Best sushi and robata. On the robata try scallops and hamachi cheeks. All the sushi is fresh and fabulous. My favorite rolls are rock and roll and rainbow. You can't go wrong. The only problem is everyone knows how fabulous it is and they don't take reservations. Best bet-get there at 5:15 and be there when they open or you will have at least a 30 minute wait. In my opinion it is well worth the wait. Enjoy.

• Visited October 2013
Warsaw
“Good, fresh, did not blow my mind...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

So far I was not too impressed. The fish was very tasty, but the composition of rolls did not fit best my taste. They were full of rice and it was hard to sense fish inside. The best thing we ate was nigiri, which I highly recommend.

Beer was very light (too light for me) but sake made up for it. So I will definitely give this place a second chance, but next year.