“Great for breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here for breakfast when staying locally. Typical American breakfast diner, nice clean feel to it with 50’s style decor. Poached eggs,were.perfect with the corned beef hash I had. Muffin and coffee were also excellent. If staying in the area definitely recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend had never been to fourth St. and Betty’s is the highlight for me. It’s been an institution for over 25 years! And as Alice Waters does farm to table for Chez Pannise, so does Betty’s! Fresh incredients everyday. You can’t go wrong for either breakfast or lunch! And you can walk around 4th St. afterwards digesting your yummy breakfast or lunch Cheers

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice diner style restaurant with solid breakfast. Both meals were well done and flavorful. Only let down was the coffee. Good but not great coffee.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Long a favorite destination stop for my family on visits to 4th Street, we were sadly disappointed with the less than mediocre bland food we had this week. Worse, was the $50 bill for lunch, the prize after the lousy meal. How hard is it to make good pancakes and eggs? This was the second let down for cafes on famed 4th street in two months. Next time, we will opt for a more reliable venue for lunch at a different location. My husband had pancakes (which Bette is famous for) and eggs. Both were tasteless. I ordered a chopped salad that wasn't chopped and the dressing I requested for on the side arrived alongside a salad drenched in dressing. The chili was decent. Next door at the bakery, we took some cookies to go, which were good, except for the biscotti which was rock hard even after dipping. The service was fine, except the young waitress couldn't understand any of my questions.

Reviewed February 20, 2019

This is a very popular spot and always busy. The atmosphere is fun 50s diner decor. But I think they are resting on their laurels. While the person seating us was very nice and professional the wait staff was not. The person who took our order was brusque and the person who put the food on the table practically threw it on the edge and did not look at us or place the plates in front of us. The food was ok, not great. The fish sandwich had little flavor, although the fish did seem fresh and firm. The coleslaw had onions in it despite the confirmation from the server that it did not; and they were small so I didn't see them until it was too late, which resulted in terrible indigestion for me. I would not go back. I understand the breakfasts are good.

Date of visit: February 2019