“Exceptional Dining Experience-Never Disappoints”
Review of Rivoli Restaurant

Rivoli Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rivoli Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: European
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Neilson
Transit: North Berkeley BART
Description: Rivoli strives to be a hands on, moderately priced restaurant with simple and creative food, carefully selected wines and comfortable service in a warm and lively atmosphere. Rivoli’s distinction comes from the heart and soul of its owners and staff. The menu relies on what is seasonal, local and fresh, using mostly organic produce, sustainably caught fish and naturally raised meats and poultry. The wines are selected for their affinity with the food, and offer the best values from the cooler regions of California and the Old World. The dining room staff provides friendly and attentive service and the chefs and cooks are skilled artisans of their craft.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been going to Rivoli for over 15 years and have never had a bad meal there. The food is always creative and delicious. The portabello mushroom fritters are to die for and the service is flawless. Very reasonably priced considering the quality of the meal you will be enjoying.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Corn soup was light and velvety with a touch of naturalsweetness.

However, my duck breast didn't have much pink in the center, so it was slightly chewy.

My runner just dropped off my main course without explaining all the ingredients.

Berry cake was flavorful and indulgent without being too rich.

A little disappointing given all the good reviews.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to Rivoli 5 years ago, I believe it was my first "fancy" (in terms of prices because it's a cool place) restaurant ever. We had a good memory of that night and wanted to go back.

Everything we ordered was really good. I had the portobello fritters. Since I turned vegetarian, I've missed the fish and chips (the good ones) but thanks to my starter, I won't no longer miss them. I got the texture and a better taste with the portobello fritter. I found the recipe online, I'll try it for sure. Hubby had the toasted pita and heirloom tomato salad, then I had the ravioli which were fresh and light and my husband had the fish I believe. We finished with a mandarine tart and berries to share. Very good wines as well.

The staff was friendly and professional. The owner talked with us for a while which was nice.
We hadn't made it up the first time, Rivoli is a great place!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have been thoroughly enjoying dinners at Rivoli since the opening, 15-18 years ago. Wendy and Roscoe have been devoted to the ultimate experience for their patrons from the beginning. We go for all of our special occasions, as well as drop in when we need something special. We are constantly favorably comparing it to top restaurants we visit in San Francisco and Europe. This is our favorite restaurant!

And the cost is very reasonable-never mind that it is not in the center of things.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love eating here...don't come often enough. Great space for intimate dining, B'day celebration or family/friends. Love the outdoor garden area (try for a table near the garden window). Food is hearty and good; nice wine list too. Up front, there's a nice bar for having before dinner drinks.