“What's not to love? Warm cookies and ice cream”
Review of CREAM

CREAM
Ranked #1 of 27 Dessert in Berkeley
Description: Freshly baked homemade cookies and award winning ice cream.
Description: Freshly baked homemade cookies and award winning ice cream.
Aurora, Colorado
“What's not to love? Warm cookies and ice cream”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were walking after dinner and saw the line for this place. We got in line not even knowing what it was, figuring it must be good! What a great concept for a college town, simple homemade ice cream sandwiches. Several different types of cookies to choose from (chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, chocolate to name a few) and even gluten free selections. The cookies are freshly baked and warm out of the oven. Then you select your ice cream to go in between. $2.50 each or cash discount, get one for $2.00. The ice cream didn't have a strong flavor but anything tastes good sandwiched between two warm cookies. The line moves pretty fast, so don't let it turn you away. There is no seating, it is a grab and go place but the ice cream sandwich comes in a great little wrapper.

• Visited April 2013
Gus S, Owner at CREAM, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We're glad you were able to try CREAM while visiting Berkeley!

Los Altos, California
“Great treat”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Don't go if you are worried about your sugar intake! Choose your cookies (do 2 different kinds if you want to be adverturous) then choose an ice cream filling...heaven. Just 2 blocks from Sproul Plaza but a bit seedy with quite a few homeless campers nearby...not too aggressive but a bit scary for younger folks as they tend to congregate in large groups. Offering coffee would be nice but it might take away from the speed with which they are able to create these yummy treats.

Visited February 2013
Gus S, Owner at CREAM, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! We're glad you like our ice CREAM sandwiches and we hope you'll stop by again soon!
Skokie, IL
“Great Value for a Tasty Item but Nothing Too Special”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's a nice place to get a very good ice cream sandwich, and it's a great idea to be able to choose your own cookie (including gluten free choices) and couple it to your own choice of ice cream. While I have only been there once, I found the chocolate chip cookie pretty good, but the strawberry ice cream pretty bland and undistinguished. Put together it tasted OK, but nothing exceptional. I was disappointed that the quality of the ice cream did not live up to the idea of the individualized ice cream sandwich. At $2 it is a great value though!

• Visited December 2012
Gus S, Manager at CREAM, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review! We're happy to hear you like our cookies and we really do appreciate the feedback as it allows us to continue to make improvements. Thanks again!
San Francisco, California
“Nice owners, but just... I hope you're a drunk college kid.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Update: As a family owned biz, they care. I had a 2 star review on yelp because I didn't care for it... they wrote me, thanked me for my thoughts, told me they cut sugar down 15%, and wanted any other thoughts. I am highly respectful of some place that takes user comments seriously... even if I was sassy and a bit jokey. So even though I really didn't enjoy the spot, much respect to a business run by people who care.

Otherwise... JUST DO THIS AT HOME! =) For real. Unless you stumble upon this place late at night, I can't imagine the necessity of reading these reviews, then going out to visit it.

This is like being hit in the face with sugar. I am not sure why the bay area is slobbering over bad ice cream with zero nuance, but this reminds me of the craze for humphrey slocombe.... it's nothing but an insulin spike that you forget about in 20 minutes.

Find your fave ice cream, toast up an eggo or some of your fave store bought cookies, and do it at home.

Unless you're drunk and wearing sunglasses at night, this is likely not the place for you. Every other review proves me wrong, except every other review might have been a drunk person with obliterated taste buds and absolutely no penchant for subtlety.

• Visited March 2012
Gus S, Manager at CREAM, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We remember you from Yelp :) Thanks for taking the time to review! We're always striving to make improvements to increase the quality of our products and service. Thanks again!