“Great Value for a Tasty Item but Nothing Too Special” 4 of 5 bubbles

CREAM
Ranked #1 of 24 Dessert in Berkeley
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly baked homemade cookies and award winning ice cream.
Skokie, IL
“Great Value for a Tasty Item but Nothing Too Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's a nice place to get a very good ice cream sandwich, and it's a great idea to be able to choose your own cookie (including gluten free choices) and couple it to your own choice of ice cream. While I have only been there once, I found the chocolate chip cookie pretty good, but the strawberry ice cream pretty bland and undistinguished. Put together it tasted OK, but nothing exceptional. I was disappointed that the quality of the ice cream did not live up to the idea of the individualized ice cream sandwich. At $2 it is a great value though!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gus S, Manager at CREAM, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review! We're happy to hear you like our cookies and we really do appreciate the feedback as it allows us to continue to make improvements. Thanks again!

San Francisco, California
“Nice owners, but just... I hope you're a drunk college kid.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Update: As a family owned biz, they care. I had a 2 star review on yelp because I didn't care for it... they wrote me, thanked me for my thoughts, told me they cut sugar down 15%, and wanted any other thoughts. I am highly respectful of some place that takes user comments seriously... even if I was sassy and a bit jokey. So even though I really didn't enjoy the spot, much respect to a business run by people who care.

Otherwise... JUST DO THIS AT HOME! =) For real. Unless you stumble upon this place late at night, I can't imagine the necessity of reading these reviews, then going out to visit it.

This is like being hit in the face with sugar. I am not sure why the bay area is slobbering over bad ice cream with zero nuance, but this reminds me of the craze for humphrey slocombe.... it's nothing but an insulin spike that you forget about in 20 minutes.

Find your fave ice cream, toast up an eggo or some of your fave store bought cookies, and do it at home.

Unless you're drunk and wearing sunglasses at night, this is likely not the place for you. Every other review proves me wrong, except every other review might have been a drunk person with obliterated taste buds and absolutely no penchant for subtlety.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gus S, Manager at CREAM, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We remember you from Yelp :) Thanks for taking the time to review! We're always striving to make improvements to increase the quality of our products and service. Thanks again!

Been to CREAM? Share your experiences!