“Unbelievable samosas”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: CALIFORNIA STREET
Transit: Very close to Downtown Berkeley Bart and on walking distance from North Berkeley Bart station and accessible via public buses.
Description: Our name itself introduces the food we bring to the table for our guests. Traditionally, guests are like Gods; therefore, we serve the best we have. It is our pleasure to bring you the flavors of Himalayan cuisine via popular dishes. We focus on Nepalese, Tibetan, Bhutanese and Indian cuisines. Our goal is to provide you with the finest cuisine possible. We bring you fresh and local ingredients with an innovative menu and excellent service.
San Diego, California
“Unbelievable samosas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The star of my dinner experience was the samosa. With a flaky exterior, and sublime interior, it is highly recommended. I am a relatively inexperienced Indian food diner, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I greatly enjoyed my Chicken Tikka Masala. My friend had the Lamb Mushroom and it was good as well. Be advised that spicy means just that, and is not for the faint of heart. Medium comes with a barely noticeable bite, and adds some complexity to the flavor.

Overall, I'd highly recommend Himalayan flavors to anyone passing through the area.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank John A

Singapore, Singapore
“Average place; friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Its bit away from down town and university.. The quantity of food is huge. Taste is average. The staff is really nice. We had Biryani rice .. I would say just fine, nothing special. Good place if you are living near university avenue, northern Berkeley area.. They have some complimentary soup.. but it tasted like Dal. :P

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pushkar K
California
“Visit the Himalaya--in Berkeley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Each time we visit this restaurant I imagine I am in the Himalayas We like the wood decor, the friendly staff and the wonderful food. i can choose food from a country that borders or includes the mountains: Bhutan, India, Nepal, etc All of it is good and I always wish i could try a sampling of each! Last time i "visited"Bhutan ! Nest time i will try the tandoori
chicken. We always enjoy the naan and a different appetizer.. We love curries and this is a great place for curry. You can choose how hot you want it! We also like the well-priced dinners.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank hube99
Adelaide, South Australia
“Delicious food, well priced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were searching for somewhere to eat after 9.30pm due to some work related issues. Coming from Australia, we were surprised to find that many restaurants close at 10.00pm in this neck of the woods. However, we had passed this place a few times, and we asked if they would still serve us. Thankfully and generously they did. Although they had understandably run out of a few items, we were presented with some house made soup like a dahl, and extremely generous serves of tasty main courses including a lamb saag. Their naan was also very tasty. The service was prompt, efficient and friendly, and we were most appreciative of their service. I even had a Nepalese beer, which wasn't to my taste, but I had to try.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dennis B
Anchorage, Alaska
“On a higher level”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived at dinner time just as they opened and were courteously received. I ordered a Nepalese beer which was a sweet larger style not much hops but strong barley malt flavor. I next had the samosas with potato and spinach deliciously dusted with garam and a tamarind chutney. My friend had a Lamb Choila which he was delighted with. For my main course I selected a Pumpkin Kofti in a tomato sauce, it was over shadowed by the samosas. The pumpkin flavor was not strong so I missed it, but the sauce was very good. My bro' had a chicken which he devoured with relish. We also had a nan stuffed with cherries and fennel seed. I will return to investigate more flavors from this chef's cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Robabas

Been to Himalayan Flavors? Share your experiences!