“Wow! Remodeled!!”
Review of Nash Hotel

Nash Hotel
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed November 27, 2010

When I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago, I found it to be a bit dirty and run-down with the occasional cockroach. But now, it seems that the place has undergone major renovations! No more bugs. Clean rooms. Wonderful amenities (fridge, coffee machine, FREE WIFI, etc). All this for the same low price!!

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable stay with a great location and low price, this is the place!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank sd_luvaa

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I will start but saying it IS NOT your typical hotel! Like Berkeley itself it is quirky! However after staying here several times a year for the past 5 years, I LOVE this place. It doesn't feel like a hotel. The building is older, but my rooms have always been very clean and nice! Plus, I love having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in my room! I've noticed in the past couple years they upgraded to putting very nice lcd tvs in each room, and i'm not sure if the beds themselves are new but very comfortable. Norman (the owner) has always been very nice with each stay and feels like an old friend theys days! I LOVE the location! You are close to the campus, the bart, and many great eatteries! Not to mention shopping! It's also a pretty quiet place to stay. Plus they give you vegan soaps in your room! I've never had a bad experience there in my many stays! Just expect something unique and you should be pretty happy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank HollyMW
Reviewed July 24, 2010

the hotel is awesome, the place is clean and convenience, the people there is awesome~

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank vicky294263
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Though rooms are small, it's a great value for the area. Better yet, the staff were always willing to help make sure I enjoyed my stay. E.g. it was no problem to look at several rooms and they found a fan for me. Shared bathrooms etc were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank joe_farr
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I checked in Nash hotel in Mar 2009 and Mar 2010 by myself . I have to say it's the perfect combination of cost and convenience . It takes me 5 mins walking to subway station and 30 mins to San Francisco downtown by train . 5 mins walking to Berkeley campus . Free high speed internet and bath room . Very comfortable bed . I can not complain more . There's not much shopping to do around the hotel , but , I did it when I was in San Francisco .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank deter3
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I held my nose and clicked on send to reserve a room at this hotel. I made the reservation about two months in advance. A month before I was to stay I received a mysterious phone call at midnight. It was from the hotel manager, wondering where I was. I emailed him the next morning and said my reservation was for next month. He replied, "I apologize the incontinence that may cause you."

We confirmed the reservation the day before the trip, told them when we were coming. Arrived at the hotel, and the doors were locked. Luckily a guest let us in, but there was no one at the desk. I called the phone number. Turns out she was there, behind the desk, but did not answer the bell.

The room itself was cleaner than expected. There were no insects or critters. We stayed four nights, and the room was never straightened nor were new towels provided. The radiator made a noise at 4AM that sounded like a rat swimming in a toilet. We left as mysteriously as we arrived. No one was at the desk, so I left the key on the desk and sent an email. Hope they do not think we're still there. I expected the worst from this place, and it did not happen. It certainly was an experiece, and you can't beat the location in Berkeley.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank chaptal
Reviewed October 12, 2009

When arriving at the hotel it was difficult to find parking because there is none at the hotel. We had room #319 and it was terrible, I had to use the bathroom and to my disbelief the toilet had “Urine” all over the seat and it also smelled. I asked the cleaning man to clean the toilet and he told me he just cleaned the toilet. I wonder what the toilet looked like before he cleaned it, well he came in and had gloves on, cleaned the toilet and then proceeded to walk out with his gloved hands touching the door knobs of the bathroom and exit door. Hello? What a novel way to spread germs. I understand it is Berkeley and things are a little funky but the smells in this old hotel were like something out of the back alley to a kitchen, pew. Once we finally settled down to bed we were in for entertainment with the roach gang. I could not believe the bugs that crawled around at night. When I complained at the front desk I was told so sorry. It was business as usual. I based my stay on reviews from others which I now know are lies. This hotel is like the ones you see in movies that are sleazy and dirty.

• Stayed: October 2009