“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nash Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Nash Hotel
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
san diego ca
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

I live in San Diego, CA. My daughter goes to UC Berkeley. I visit my daughter in this hotel twice a year for the past three consecutive years. I love it, and I would absolutely stay here again. The Hotel is in an ideal location especially for some one new to Berkeley. It is within walking distance to the movie theaters, the restaurants, the shops, and the Bart Station. They have very reasonable prices for the clean and comfortable rooms. The staffs are friendly, and extremely helpful when I ask questions.

• Liked — price ,location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank SanDiegoCaSweetberry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

very good location and very good price. The people there are very helpful and give us a lot of good information.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank meibichsel
Tracy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

For the price and friendly staff, it is a bargin in downtown Berkeley; walking distance to UC Berkeley and many shops and restuarants. On top the that, the hotel keeps us "in touch" with FREE internet access and Free incoming phone calls.

Definitely a "Stay" for me next time.

• Liked — Reasonable cost for all the convenience in downtown Berkeley
  • Disliked — Not a "fancy Pricy" hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
6 Thank EnjoyMyTrip
Bakersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this hotel!

I've stayed here 50+ times in the last 5 years while visiting relatives in Berkeley. Of course, for $69/night, it's not a five star hotel, but the rooms are clean, the location is great, and the people in the lobby are very friendly and accomodating. Once when I was here 2 years ago, I met William Hung, the Berkeley prodigy turned (failed) singer in American Idol. Apparently, he had opted to stay in Nash during his college career instead of renting an apartment, which I thought was pretty smart since cleaning, especially when you're bombarded with tons of work as a student, is so tedious!

Stayed May 2008
7 Thank CalGirl4eva
Wyoming & Sanibel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2008

I expected to find this "hotel" on TAs list of the dirtiest hotels -- but instead I find it ranked #10 in Berkeley, so I decided I need to add my review from when we stayed there in Feb. 2006.

The only people who I could think would rate this hotel well would be students from third-world nations or college students who don't mind filthy living conditions. The only nice thing I say is that the location is wonderful and there is indeed free wireless available in the lobby.

Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the room, but I did of the bathroom sink, exterior of the hotel and the first floor lobby area. This truly is a skid-row establishment.

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank Shell_Net

Travelers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

This was absolutely the most disgusting place I've ever had the misfortune of stepping into. The smell was atrocious, the carpets filthy and the room...oh dear lord, where to begin...dirty stained-sheets...we didn't even think of sitting near or on the beds, I feared scabies or crabs or god knows what else. The bathroom was filthy with hair in the shower....dirty stained floor and sinks. I'm serious, I've used outhouses that were far more appealing. We didn't dare check out under the bed, frankly I don't even wan to know what horrors lurk there. The drapes were stained and filthy and the t.v. and min-fridge were jokes (totally run-down, straight from the 70s'). The furniture was equally as disgusting, we found cigarette butts in the drawers of the night stand. Seriously, we had no idea that this disgusting hotel was anywhere near this bad or we never would have approached it. On top of all this the room was a mind-blowing $122 for a single night....absolutely ludicrous to say the least, I feel as though I should have been paid three times that amount for even stepping into this hole. This place is a hooker hotel there is no doubt about it, watch out for dirty syringes, used condoms and bloody latex gloves, you'll find them aplenty at the nash hotel, the sketchiest disease-pit I've ever been in...it gives me nightmares even thinking back on it. BEWARE!!!

• Liked — Nothing!!!
  • Disliked — Filthy!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MasterBlaster69
Student8, Manager at Nash Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2008
I believe this is a make up story for dispute credit card payment of rent. If they do not like the room, they can refuse to check-in or they can check out the second day. Why stay for 3 full days and make damage to the appliances as well as to the walls?
Berkeley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

This place is not a hotel but a place which is full of weirdos and homelesses. The reception is opened/available ONLY at the day's hours till 5:30 PM, then, things become scaring! The rooms and bathrooms are old and smell like, the furnitures are forth hand to say the least...and the beds are full of scavias (prepare to scratch yourself to death). Also there are no external phone lines in the rooms. The rates are high even compare to other hotels around.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business