“BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! #1 Motel in TOWN!”
Review of Super 8 Berkeley

Super 8 Berkeley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The customer service was awesome they were friendly and very helpful. we had a good stay and we were so happy to stay here. we did not know how to use the bathtub they showed us and very nice people. they are very professisonal and very helpful. the breakfast is awesome and they are very very nice staff. housekeeping is nice and they treated all their guest with respect. rooms are awesome and breand new motel. Tony the manager was very nice, helpful, help me with my luggage and very professional. cant wait to go back. i read some reviews on here you can not not make everyone happy but they do their best to help everyone. i stayed here a week and it was wonderful.

Room Tip: #1 motel in town
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and please come back soon. Thanks for being part of the Super 8 family. We are happy your enjoyed your stay take care and cant for you guys to come back soon. Have a super day!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

This motel has relatively clean and newly renovated rooms, but that is the only plus. After using our sink once, it backed up and spit up brown gunk all over the sink bowl. Also, the main door does not properly fit the frame, and there are no door sweeps or draft stoppers, so you can hear loud noises from outside and it is bothersome.

The most displeasing aspect about this motel is the manager, who is the first person you see when you check-in. He is not helpful in answering questions, and instead responds in a very brash, rude manner. If you would like to switch your method of payment at the time of check-in, he is not helpful at all and makes the process much harder than it needs to be. His arrogance is strikingly unprofessional. He treats guests nicely, only after you hand over your money. The manager's rude, unpalatable, and unprofessional attitude makes you want to ask for your money back, turn around, and find another place to stay instead.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank thecoastraveler

sorry, for any incovenices. there is always two sides too a story please come back and stay with us. take care

Reviewed July 26, 2011

A notch or two above "Spartan," a notch or two below "homey." Room was clean and they did have free internet service. Make sure to ask for a room that's not on the street (University Ave.).

The granite counter tops are the only vestiges of "elegant" or "upscale" and there is no mini-bar though there is a refrigerator.

The location was decent for getting to Cal and downtown Berkeley.

Service? Fuggeddaboutit. Can we have a different room? (staying four nights). No. (I think clerk was too lazy to change us after first night.) Change for the parking meters? We don't carry change, everything is on credit card. A screwdriver? We don't have tools. Beyond the negative results, a bad attitude.

We'll be visiting Berkeley often in the next 5-6 years; next time I'll try the Quality Inn or the hotel on Shattuck Square.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Trismegistus

Sorry, for any in conveinces. Hope you do come back we can make your stay much better and we will give you a super discount please come back and be part of super 8 family.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Tony was very helpful and very nice person. I arrived 5am in the morning he was very welcoming and professional. i am happy to have stay at this location. He was very helpful eventough i checked inn late. The breakfast was awesome and the coffee in the breakfast room is excellent. THe rooms are at a good price and very very nice staff and great housekeeping. The are newly remodled and smeels very nice like fresh scent. I am happy to stay here and I will be back for work.

Room Tip: Excellent Super 8
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

THank you for the kind words! Our job is to provide good service and make our Super 8 Family memebers always happy! Thanks we are delighted to read your review and we are SUPER HAPPY that you enjoyed your stay with u s at the motel. Thanks please do come again and expereince the magic at Super 8!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here for three days with my family and let me tell you this was the best motel my family and I ever stayed anywhere. TONY the front desk manager was very nice, very professional, helpful, very smart and went way beyond to help my family. The breakfast was really good, fresh and clean. The internet was outstanding because they had hard wired and wireless. It is newly renovated and when I walked inside the family suite with three big beds, I was blown away in a good way. I felt I was at the Westin Hotel, because it was newly renovated and every ameneities were given in the room. The bathrooms were out of this world, because everything was granite. The shower, sink, toliet was VERY CLEAN and smelled very good like fresh laundry. The beds were heavenly and very comfortable. We were so please even we are going back in September 2011 as well. The rates are very nice and you get everything included in the good rate. I as so happy and my son told me, "daddy, this is even better than our house." The staff and housekeeping was excellent and very very helpful. I hope everyone goes to this property and experience the good service and the clean rooms. I read reviews here before I booked my room at the Super 8. There were much more good reviews than few bad ones, however you will always have few that will write bad review because they are having a bad day and complain about everything little thing. This motel had good reviews on expedia, hotels and highly recommended in Berkeley and at the UC Berkeley with the parents and students as well. Overall, plain and simple this is simply the BEST MOTEL IN BERKELEY, CA! This is the Best Super 8 we ever stayed and the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE we ever got at any Motel. Thanks Super 8! We will be back and my son is excited to come back.

Room Tip: Clean, newly renovated and simply the BEST!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and having postive feedback. We appreicate how you feel about our Super 8 and look forward seeing you and your family soon! We can not make everyone happy, however we give our 110% to make everyone happy! Thank you for being part of the Super 8 family and see you all soon! Tell your son thanks for enjoying his stay with us.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was there last week. very nice, clean and well organized room. The front desk clerk was polite and helpful. Breakfast also was good. Would recommend staying there. The price is reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thank you for being staying with us at the Super 8. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Berkeley- Super 8. Please come back soon and we look forward to giving you even better hospitality. Thanks for the nice words and until next time, have a Super day!

Management,

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Maybe I was kidding myself that a Super 8 in Berkeley really could be nice, and maybe I just expected too much. The bathroom was perfectly clean and had been remodeled all in stone tile. Flat screen TV and clean bedding. But the room was extremely small -- there is only so much you can do with a 60 year old motel. Very musty, old, gross smell, which could be addressed with new short pile carpet I would think. Bedding is OK, but not the duvet concept that so many hotels are doing now where you don't actually come in contact with the bedspread.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank doddsfamily
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

Sorry, to hear that you were not to happy with your stay! The motel is built inb 1955, we just did a new renovation! I am sorry you feel like your stay was not perfect. I wish you come back and we can make your stay much better. We will give you a 10% discount thanks. Sorry, take care of yourself, you said the motel was CLEAN, that is the most important thing.