“Awesome if you pick the right dish”
Review of gecko gecko

gecko gecko
Ranked #85 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Addison
Transit: Conveniently located one block from the downtown Berkeley BART Station.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant has the best fresh soft spring rolls I ever ate. And I will insist that the vegetarian one is better than the one served at the Slanted Door restaurant. Full of different veggies and the Mango idea is brilliant. The Country Pad thai is really good too if you go tofu. Dishes with meat I did not have much luck though.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I agree with my fellow reviewers - the food is tasty and fresh and the service is quick. What I also enjoy is the variety of choices on the menu. There are the expected Thai choices but also variations that include salmon rolls and seasonal vegetables in curries. The atmosphere is a bit cool and spare but the food, service and 3 levels of "spicy" warm you!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

With one hour before the Berkeley Rep performance, not much time for lunch. But I had been meaning to try this Thai restaurant since it opened. I had my standard Thai meal, pad thai. Scrimped a little on the peanuts and the chicken was a little overcooked, but the sauce, noodles, scallions were very tasty. I'm planning on trying other dishes. This is going to be my lunch destination before every Berkeley Rep show from now on.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Much better than its rating would make you believe! Really enjoyable interesting food in the downtown area. If you ask for spicy, you get spicy!

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We've eaten at Gecko Gecko twice in the last 8 months [lunch and dinner] and were delighted by both experiences. The food is probably best described as "Thai-Fusion", although they call it "Thai-California". It's Thai food with fresh ingredients and very creative touches. Every dish we've had has been beautifully presented and tasted great. Very reasonable prices, including the items on the wine list. We will definitely eat there again on our next visit!

1  Thank 2005highlander