“Rehearsal dinner”

Revival Bar+Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Revival Bar+Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Addison
Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART is just a few steps away. It's a major hub for AC transit as well.
Description: Revival Bar + Kitchen is committed to sourcing local and sustainable ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and served with pride in our revived 1901 location in downtown Berkeley, CA, mere steps from the celebrated Berkeley Reporatory Theater, Aurora Theater, and within easy access of the Downtown Berkeley Bart Station.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was there for a rehearsal dinner, so cannot do a fair review of their regular food. However, all the items they brought to our event were excellent. Service was very good.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

First time visit. Duck mousse was nice, good wine list for price point. Entree and dessert were above average. Live music on Thursday was quite nice. Attractive, knowledgeable, and attentive wait staff

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a great place to go for a drink and a meal. When we arrived, we ordered two drinks - first of a few for the night. I had their feature drink for the night Toronto, a Bourbon mixed drink. Fabulous - one sip and I knew by the time I finished it I would have the nice mellow alcoholic buzz.. They do not skimp on alcohol here.

We then ordered their canape - good, with crispy bread and their kale salad. Both excellent. We decided to split their duck - oh, my goodness - this is the best duck I've had in a while. I was so happy when the person said before I could say anything - Oh my goodness, this is the best duck I've ever had. We both had a glass of red wine (from their good wine by the glass list) for dinner.

We had their cheese platter for desert - so yummy and just perfect. We topped off the night with Elijah Craig Bourbon. Oh, what fun.

We were really having a great time and just a few minutes away from our concert we were going to at Freight and Salvage

Note: Berkeley Repertory Theater is also in same area.

Perfect for dinner any time or pre-dinner. For a nice time, I would recommend planning a 2 hour or so dinner - so you can pace yourself and have a few drinks.....

We arrived at 5:30 and by 7:00 the place was buzzing.

Note: There is a parking garage on Allston avenue - restaurant is at the corner of Shattuck and Allston if you are looking for a place to park.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I ate dinner at Revival once, and had dessert + drinks on 2 other occasions, during a 2 week stay in Berkeley.
The beef cheek and duck breast were excellent, as were the desserts. The cocktails were rather unusual and interesting, and quite potent.
Service was excellent - the staff were very friendly. The place was crowded on each of the occasions we were there, even on weekday nights.
Interestingly, the waitress asked to see our IDs when we wanted to order drinks, even though I'm more than twice the legal drinking age in the US.

2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having eaten at Revival several times before going to performances at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre I can report that the service and the food are both excellent. The restaurant has a varied menu with daily specials often featuring local grown or raised ingredients. The sound level is acceptable, even to older ears which have trouble in noisy environments, read most modern restaurants.