“Great dinner for a "date" with my husband!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revival Bar+Kitchen

Revival Bar+Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Revival Bar+Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 692 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Addison
Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART is just a few steps away. It's a major hub for AC transit as well.
Description: Revival Bar + Kitchen is committed to sourcing local and sustainable ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and served with pride in our revived 1901 location in downtown Berkeley, CA, mere steps from the celebrated Berkeley Reporatory Theater, Aurora Theater, and within easy access of the Downtown Berkeley Bart Station.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great dinner for a "date" with my husband!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I found this hotel here on Tripadvisor while on a quick trip to Oakland, staying in Berkeley. I called and was able to get reservations for the same night. It was a few blocks away from where we were staying (Hotel Shattuck), which made it convenient. Upon arrival, they were getting our table ready, and we were seated shortly thereafter.

A nice ambiance of dim lighting, well appointed and open kitchen. My view was of the kitchen, but my husband was across from me and had a nice view of the entire dining room. The bar was filled with patrons getting drinks and there was a small wedding party in their private room.

We started with appetizers, we got the pork belly and tomato salad. Wow, the salad was my favorite, but both were very good. For dinner my husband had the pork chop, which he enjoyed, and I got the salmon. The salmon was under seasoned for my taste, but cooked perfectly. All the sides that accompanied our dishes, we both enjoyed. We finished the meal with the chocolate cake pieces and french press coffee.

Very good meal at a fair price. I liked that they used local where they could of everything. I would definely go back and recommend.

Palm Beach
“Best in the Area--Very Close To Theatre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Creative food, well executed at very reasonable prices.
Maybe not quite as good as predecessor "Downtown" but best moderately -priced place within 2-3 miles.

Berkeley, California
“Great food if you can stand the noise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I took my wife to Revival to celebrate our anniversary last Friday night. This is a very popular place, though the prices are not on the low side... When we arrived the Happy Hour was in full swing. The bar was full of customers, and more arrived as the evening wore on. We had a nice table as far away from the bar as possible, but the noise level was still more than annoying.
The food is imaginative, unusual and well prepared.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to the Rep because we had left our restaurant early (Aboraz - don't bother to go there). The cocktails were great and the place a real buzz. We will definitely go back!!

San Francisco
“Downtown Revival”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Downtown has closed and been replaced by Revival and what a difference. The food is good and you now get value for your money. Beer, wine and cocktails are diverse and priced competitively, but the pomengrate lemonade was heavenly, if you like your lemonade a little tart. Service is attentive without being bothersome or intrusive and waiter was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Local lettuce salad with thinly shaved radishes was flavorful and drizzled with a tasty vinagrette dressing. My wife's pork chop was done to perfection and accompanied by a rich side of grits and my duck confit was served with perfectly crusted skin cracklins. Save room for the stone fruit pastry accompanied by home made noyau ice cream. Apricot, plum or peach pits steeped in hot water and made into a heavenly flavored ice cream!

• Visited July 2012