“Great beer, fast or slow”
Review of Jupiter

Jupiter
Ranked #10 of 703 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brew Pub with oven fired pizza and a variety of other food
San Rafael, California
“Great beer, fast or slow”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stopped in for a quick beer and a glass of wine for my wife on the way to a wedding a few blocks away. I'm partial to this place because I used to play music here. I'm partial to any place that goes out of their way to have music, AND pays the bands as well as provides beer and wine. I've had great pizzas and sandwiches here.

The beer is the featured item, as they brew and serve a wide variety on tap.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Torrance, California
“Fabulous pizza, fun setting”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went solo early on a Monday evening, hoping to enjoy a beer and a decent bite to eat while reading a book and enjoying some ambiance. All were satisfied. They have an interesting selection of beers, I had two very different ones. My meal (first a half salad, then the fennel sausage pizza) were very good (great pizza, nice crust, not a hint of grease, very flavorful). The atmosphere was fun and lively without being unpleasantly noisy, and my server was entirely respectful of my desire to eat slowly over the course of a few hours while reading. A nice evening in every respect.

Tennessee
“Tasty takeout in a hurry”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ordered sandwiches for my family when we needed a quick bite to eat. The food was ready quickly and the quality was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful! I'm sorry that I didn't get to sit down inside the restaurant because it was very nicely appointed and comfortable!

Austin, TX
“Great craft beers and efficient service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's our 3rd visit to Berkeley while our son attends grad school at Cal, and each time we make Jupiter our first stop for beer and an early dinner. Large salads are phenomenal if you want to avoid carbs, and if you're looking to bulk up the pizzas are great. Not only is the food quality high, the price is very reasonable for a trendy urban restaurant/brewery.

Even when the place is crowded, which it usually is, the service is fast and friendly. We actually went to Jupiter 3 times in a recent 5-day visit, and particularly enjoyed a 4-piece blues/jazz/fusion band on a Saturday night. The mix was well-balanced from about three tables in front of the band, with good sonic impact but not so loud you had to shout over it to talk with your dinner companion.

Jupiter needs to open a branch in Austin TX!

Sao Paulo, SP
“Beers and food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great beers and food! Pizzas and artichoke dip are amazing. Beers are awesome too. I recommend to drink Quasar (double IPA).

• Visited February 2013