“Interesting and tasty but needs a refocus”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cioccolata Di Vino - CLOSED

Cioccolata Di Vino
London, UK
“Interesting and tasty but needs a refocus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Exactly what lies behind this restaurant is difficult to say. To start off, it's at the wrong end of Shattuck Ave to get the maximum attention. Next, the title of "Cioccolata di Vino" is pretty opaque for most people; in fact, the idea seems to be to combine starters, desserts and wine on the assumption that most people don't want the entree. That seems a tad obtuse given that the oentrepiece of Italian food is usually the family-sized entree. That said, the food was actually extremely good. But given the conservatism of the average Californian it's hard to see much of a future for this otherwise very sincere restaurant.

2 Thank DELondon

Seattle
“Cioccolata Di Vino - Great new Berkeley spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

I had the most unbelievable hot chocolate here last week. This is a new dessert and wine bar on Shattuck St. that also has light food. My husband and I shared the pizza (creative and fresh with fennel, sweet carmalized onions and blue cheese), pasta of the day (simple and a little spicy) and a salad. The food was very affordable for what we had. They had several kinds of hot cocoa and I tried the cinnamon and can I just tell you....I have been craving it every night since. If you like chocolate, this is heaven. I want everyone to go here so I'm assured of having that hot cocoa next time I'm in visiting my family in Berkeley!