“Mary's B&B is the Best!”

Mary's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Mary's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Omaha, NE
“Mary's B&B is the Best!”
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I highly recommend Mary's B&B! I have stayed several times in the last few years and am always impressed with the Mary's graciousness, the charming rooms, and wonderful breakfasts. Mary is always helpful when I have questions, and she gives great suggestions when I ask. Her house is elegant in a lovely way and a peaceful place to relax after being out during the day. I have stayed in two different bedrooms, each of which is charming in a unique way. I enjoy sitting in the upstairs den as well as downstairs in the living room or sun room. Mary's B&B is tops.

• Liked — Mary's graciousness, the charm of the house, and the location
  • Disliked — I liked everything about it.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Over the past five years, I have travelled to the Berkeley, CA area for professional trainings on average two-three times each year. I discovered Mary's B&B on my first trip in February, 2004, and have found my "west coast home." Located in a beautiful tree-lined neighborhood within walking distance of restaurants and shops, Mary's B & B offers an elegant and tranquil environment for the traveller. Two of her three spacious bedrooms offer a spectacular view of San Francisco, and a charming sunny second-floor family room offers t.v., and sofas for extra space to relax in. A wonderful mattress, beautiful linens, towel changes during my several days' stay, a basket of toiletries, hairdryer, writing desk - everything I need. Mary herself is a delightful and gracious hostess, whose home reflects her eye for beauty and comfort. Arriving on my first visit, walking into her home with its high ceilings, hardwood floors, fresh flowers, a beautiful foyer and living room, with classical music playing - I could relax into this haven and get a great night's sleep! I highly recommend Mary's for value, comfort, and peace of mind.

• Liked — Friendliness and service; comfort and elegance of accommodation
  • Disliked — I have only positive feedback.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed October 29, 2008

In my opinion 'Mary's Bed and Breakfast' is one of the world's great BnB's. The rooms are tasteful and very welcoming in the feel they generate. Mary is a wonderful host. She is very friendly and helpful and made our stay a real pleasure. We felt very relaxed and were impressed at how she made us feel so at home.

The breakfast each day were of a high quality and Mary's advice on how to enjoy the area was most useful. The views out over the Bay were beautiful - especially at sunset.

If we were returning to Berkeley we would want to stay with Mary every time. We traveled with our two year old son and Mary was very relaxed about having children in her home.

In short I cannot recommend Mary's Bread and Breakfast highly enough! 10/10!!!

• Liked — Mary the host and her beautiful home!
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
St Louis MO
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Mary's Bed and Breakfast is somewhat of a misnomer. Mary, who is a delightful woman, has taken the three bedrooms on her second floor (each with its own bath) and rented them out. We stayed for a week in the pink room where the once pink rug was uniformly grey from dirt. The rest of the house was very clean, but the rug was a real turn off. Our breakfast the first day was a coffee maker for us to turn on and a biscotti in its wrapper. When we ran into her later that day, I asked if we could have a little more and subsequent breakfasts were very nice with fresh fruit and yogurt added. Our take away feeling is that Mary is a very nice woman but not very professional as a B and B owner. Several times she answered her cordless phone in our presence and didn't have the courtesy to go into another room with her conversation. As someone else noted, there are no menus from nearby resteraunts and Mary wasn't around much to ask recommendations. It was reasonably priced in a beautiful neighborhood.

• Liked — location near our family member
  • Disliked — lack of professionalism
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TreehouseTravelers
MHHBerkeley, owner at Mary's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 14, 2008
I am sorry that these guests had a less than satisfactory experience at my B&B. I advised them when they made their reservation that I would be busy preparing for my daughter's wedding. They assured me that their needs would be minimal. In hindsight, I probably ought not to have had guests at such a busy time. Pressed with the demands of a destination wedding, I was unable to devote the attention and care to my guests that I normally do.
seattle, wa
Reviewed September 15, 2007

Best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. The rooms were elegent and extremely clean. But the most impressive attribute is the owner. She was so accommodating and kind. I have to travel alot and this is one of the best experiences I have ever had!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jordanSeattle_Wa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2006

... we thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay at Mary's B&B. The home and rooms are quite large , comfortable, and clean. Mary is the most gracious host we have ever experienced in any B&B; she is very attentive but not overbearing; the casual atmoshere is relaxing and refreshing. We highly recommend the zucchini bread!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Great Falls, VA
Reviewed March 27, 2006

We have stayed at Mary's B&B for three nights. Generally, we stay in the hotels, but this time decided to try something different, and are happy we did. The B&B is in a charming house, almost a hundered years old, with an unusual floor plan and flow. It is located in the lovely area in the hills... A short walk uphill, and great views of the Bay open up. Mary is a gracious host, and makes plenty of good coffee every morning. She has lived in the area for a while, can answer a lot of questions, and give good tips. We have met other guests over breakfasts, and had some interesting conversations -- another benefit of being in a non-hotel. We won't hesitate to stay there again, or to recommend Mary's B&B to the people we know. We had a great time there.

• Stayed March 2006