“Great Stay at Mary's”

Mary's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Mary's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We loved every minute of our stay at Mary's beginning with the location in a beautiful walking neighborhood of Berkeley. Our room was spacious and had a sweeping view of the Bay. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning in the lovely dining room, but maybe the most enjoyable part of our visit was the conversation we had with Mary after our breakfasts. Overall we had a great time and hope to make this place our home away from home when we come to visit our son who is a student.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are a little warmer but the view is wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank judeneldam
There are newer reviews for Mary's Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I really enjoyed my time at Mary's B&B. I was traveling on business to attend an event at the Claremont Hotel and Mary's place was within a 5 minute walk. Mary is a superb hostess, very friendly and helpful, and the hip San Francisco grandma you wish you had. The breakfasts were modest but delicious. Mary's home is the perfect place to curl up with a good book and unwind after a long day. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable and overlooked the Bay bridge in the far distance. The neighborhood is full of gorgeous homes and a nice area to walk around. Note that Mary's place is about a 20-25 minute walk from public transportation. I highly recommend Mary's B&B if you are looking for a relaxing getaway in beautiful Berkeley, CA.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fabladyb
Reviewed April 9, 2012

During a course at Haas School of Business I had a very pleasant time at Mary's place. Spending my time uphill in one of the most beautifull places of Berkeley's. Mary is very friendly, open and serviceminded in all kind, morning breakfast with fresh fruit, coffee, homemade bread tea and newpaper. Nice view from the bedroom, daily cleaned the bed- and bathroom. She brought me to the BART with her own car etc. etc. Chapeau!

Last but not least: she has a mountainbike, very usefull for my daily trips tot the university and for an easy travel through Berkeley and San Fransisco,

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scaryed
Reviewed January 29, 2012

An excellent and very conveniently located home away from home. I am a repeat guest from Germany. My daughter (living in Oakland) helped find this house, checking a number of other places and considering Mary's the best. I agree. It is quiet, surrounded by nice homes, yet close to Berkeley town and the university. It is a beautifully kept home with good beds and matresses, comfortable arm chairs, lots of books, a separate TV room. The breakfast is delicious, and I can park my car without difficulty. Yes, I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Christa A
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast and I must say, it was really nice! It felt like a home away from home. My mom and I stayed in the yellow room, which was my favorite of the rooms. The bedding was white, the walls a soft yellow. Lots of light and air, very clean, with a beautiful view. Mary was very sweet and accommodating. Our first morning, she prepared a delicious breakfast with all sorts of yummy goodness on the table to choose from. I would definitely stay here again....even if it's just so I can try her infamous zucchini bread :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sommer77
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My sister and I stayed as guests last year, enjoying the location above the Clairmont Hotel, with our window looking down the hill into San Francisco Bay, out to the Golden Gate Bridge. My daughter and I returned here in January. The house reminds me of my mother's home, alive now just in memory. Mary Harrow is a most warm and welcoming hostess and her other guests whom we would meet at breaksfast all were interesting. Mary seems to draw people who share values in an unspoken way. There is a peace and solidity of a more tranquil era in the house. I will come back whenever feasibile.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MElizabeth47
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I loved the view of the bay from the yellow room. Very comfortable bed and very QUIET. Within walking distance of restaurants and shops by College Avenue and Ashby. Breakfast was very fresh fruit and breads from the bakery down the street. Enjoyed meeting the other travellers. The personable aspect also appealed to me. Unlike the large hotels that feel so packaged, you could sit and have a conversation with people at breakfast. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family