“parking”

Dining options: Breakfast
Portland, Oregon
“parking”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

So I like parking lots. They have one and good street parking as well. But we went for a wonderful breakfast. Classic favorites with a new twist. A stacked huevos rancheros almost too big to finish. Fresh oj mimosas and the best browned and crusty grilled breakfast potatoes. Fluffy veggie omelet with the vegetables all cooked perfectly. Great coffee and good service. I admittedly can't name what I ordered, but it had eggs, artichokes, cheesy goodness and guacamole........I have made myself hungry just writing this review.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Lunch, attentive wait staff.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were shopping the 4th street section of Berkeley and just wanted an inexpensive but good lunch. I found that here. I was a little late and the special was sold out but I had the angry pig. It was full of flavor and not too spicy. My wife had a cobb salad and another person had fruit salad. All was done right and even though we were present during change of shift we had great service from both waitresses that served us. If you want a good lunch that won't break the bank try Cafe M.

• Visited September 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We have been to Cafe M many times as we believe it is the best value on fouth street shops. From their amazing brunch options to their huge salads the food is great.

Visited June 2012
“Try the crab cakes benedict-delicious!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've got to disagree with the two reviews below me. My girlfriend and I tried Cafe M based on TA review during our stay in Berkeley and May and I didn't think it was overrated at all. Yes, the parking isn't the greatest but is it for any of the businesses in the surrounding area? Didn't think so. Staff was kind and attentive. Even though the restaurant was nearly full, we didn't have to wait long for our food. I highly recommend the crab cakes benedict. Fantastic dish!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank sovls
Sacramento, California
“Popular, but overrated”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Returning from the South Bay to Sacramento mid-day Sunday, we decided to stop for lunch/brunch in Berkeley and try out this cafe. Based on Trip Advisor reviews, it looked promising. Weekend parking in the area is pretty challenging, and, after trying two lots, we managed to find a space on the street a couple of blocks away.

When we arrived (about 1:30 p.m.), the cafe was clearly a local favorite because it was crowded and there was a line. Even though the day was foggy and chilly for us, many of the locals were in short sleeves and/or shorts. The heaters above the open entrance kept us cozy while we waited, about 20 minutes. The owner/manager did a good job of managing the wait line to accommodate everyone. When we were finally seated, the server came to take our order almost immediately. Since we'd barely had time to check out the lengthy menu, we ordered beer and wine. Our beverages arrived quickly and were OK, if not great. We finally ordered the crab cake Benedict (husband) and fish tacos, and they also arrived fairly quickly. My husband didn't really care for the 'hollandaise sauce' (more like a chipotle sauce), so he wasn't ecstatic about his food (except the potatoes were great). I enjoyed my fish tacos, although they weren't outstanding. Our server was very efficient, but was clearly have a less-than-wonderful day. There were no dessert options, so we were delighted to find a mobile food vendor selling wonderful little cupcakes, on our way back to our car. We both agreed we wouldn't be inclined to return here if we were back in the area. Maybe somewhere in Gourmet Gulch next time?

• Visited April 2012