“Ignored, then dismissed”

Dining options: Breakfast
Federal Way, Washington
“Ignored, then dismissed”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Looked promising on a sunny Thursday afternoon while in town visiting colleges with daughters. 1) Lead Waitress (who was training a new hire) was so very lacking in warmth and energy (small issue), 2) didn't ask how burger doneness preference or salad dressing, 3) Waited over 30 minutes for food after order, 4) When commented about wait, Lead Waitress returned to table and stiffly announced "According to your ticket you only waited 21 minutes" (that was reassuring - we only ordered a burger, soup & salad, and two crepes.) 5) when I pointed out my French onion had black burnt spots on it, the manager came over and assured me "that's how we make it here". When I pointed out that my daughter's soup was not burnt, he commented "that one is not done enough" (I should send it back then, I wondered). Overall, the food was mediocre, the service varied between neglectful and rude. We enjoyed many meals at a variety of eateries during our week in the Bay area. We often referred to tripadvisor. This was our only (huge) disappointment.

1 Thank LocalTeacher

• Korean first
Los Altos, CA
“Everything cooked to perfection”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

When in Berkeley don't miss the chance to have a perfect breakfast or lunch at Cafe M. We often shop on Fourth Street in Berkeley and look forward to having our lunch at Cafe M. The service is wonderful as has been everything we have ordered from egg scrambles to super sandwiches.

• Visited February 2012
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Tasty brunch and plentiful mimosas!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I visit this place with my best friend whenever I'm in the Bay Area. The shops around this place are fun to browse in (you might need something to do, as there's often a waitlist on weekend mornings). They have savory and sweet dishes, standard brunch fare with a twist, and don't skimp on the champagne in their mimosas. The waitstaff is young and entertaining.

• Visited February 2012
Marina del Rey, California
“Pricey, but good”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had to wait a while to get seated, but once we did our waitress was nice, and our food was good. My wife and I both enjoyed the food. Parking anywhere in that area is a challenge. The fresh squeezed OJ is very good. They have some unique menu items.

Visited November 2011
San Jose
“Excellent for Breakfast or Lunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Worth your time & money. The menu choices are wonderful. I can't tell which is my favorite...I've had several items and have never been dissapointed. The crepes rock, the Cinnnamon Twist Stuffed French toast, the Reuben sandwich...you name your favorite comfort food dish and Cafe M has their own twist on it. The prices aren't out of control either. If you're ever walking around 4th street in Berkeley, don't stand in the 3 hour Bette's Diner line, walk around the corner to Cafe M.

• Visited September 2011