“Don't miss this Gem!!”
Review of Trattoria Corso

Trattoria Corso
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Corso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 713 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Delaware
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart is a 5 minute walk. AC Transit bus service travels the length of Shattuck Ave.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Corso Trattioria on Shattuck is a great friendly neighborhood restaurant. I wish there was one exactly like this in my neighborhood in Santa Monica. I sat at the bar for dinner, the bar tender was friendly offered me a taste of a couple of wines until I got one I really liked. He took my order and within a few minutes there sat a perfectly cooked piece of fish, as was the spinach. My entire experience was perfect. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and without hesitation, I will return for another wonderful meal on my next trip to Berkeley.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Corso

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Rave, rave, rave!
Tonight was my birthday so I picked Corso, again. I can not say enough good things about this place.
Salumi - house made to perfection. This is a Bay area food fight item as to who makes the best and most inventive.
Tagliatelle al sugo - better than I can make and I can make a great one. Home made tagliatelle.
Bistecca Alla Florentina - this is why we went tonight. A 24 oz (yes we share) T-bone from heaven. I've had big bistecca outside Florence, Italy and this was superior
Polenta - light and airy and delicious not the dense rock it can be.
Spinaci - wilted with garlic and red pepper flakes, just the right amount of subtle kick.

Also not to be missed was the sundae. This was a big surprise how good it was. (And a little candle on the side for the Birthday Boy)

AND..... it seemed the entire restaurant stopped by the table to wish me a Happy Birthday.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant located in downtown Berkeley. Menu creations are innovative with fresh ingredients. Not a lengthy menu but a nice variety. Service is attentive and prompt. Atmosphere is that of an Italian Trattoria. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This restaurant has not only a reasonably priced menu...but the food is excellent, beautifully
prepared dishes, delicious sauces, with nice selection of mid-priced wines too. They make their own pastas in house. And I was impressed. Will be back for more.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

From the beginning everything went well, almost. We were seated instantly at a window table without asking. A real plus in an otherwise dark, tables close together, room. A reservation was a very good decision. Every food dish and wine tasting was outstanding. Where else can you taste many wines for a couple bucks and select the ones you enjoy as you go through each course. A little confusion occurred when we selected one and the server brought another. Oh well.
Trio di crostini had scallops, chicken liver and asparagus salsa portions to share. A fine starter. Pasta Bucatini all' Amatriciana was selected even though Tagliatelle al sugo was recommended. Excellent flavor and we can still try sugo next time. We were blown away with the arrival of the whole sea bass with arugula and lemon