“Always good despite the slow service”

Triple Rock Brewery
Ranked #45 of 747 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Been coming here for years whenever in the area. Service is almost always slow but be patient its worth it. Massive burgers, giant new york style reuben sandwitches, and cold beer for all tastes. Did I say cheese fries? Portions are large and very satisfying.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Triple Rock was the first bar I took my wife in when she came to visit me whilst I was living in Walnut Creek, 20 years ago. This year we were on holiday visiting our friends and it was our anniversay so we decided to revisit . I am so glad we did. They now have a roof terrace which is great on a nice sunny day. Downstairs looked just the same and they place was packed and a great atmosphere. The Triple Rock brew there own beer, which I have to say is excellent. I tried quite a few different ones, I strongly recommend the IPA. Two brothers opened this place about 25 years ago and started their own micro brewery. The place has a unique atmosphere as it is close UC Berkeley and so there a lot of students and local people. The bar staff are very attentive and slick whenever you need a fill-up. The lunch menu is extensive and they have daily specials. We managed to get a table on the roof terrace and thoroughly enjoyed ou lunch. If you are staying in San Francisco I would recommend you take the short drive over the Bay Bridge to Berkeley and look up the Triple Rock. Alernatively take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) from any station in San Francisco and get off at Downtown Berkeley, a return fare will cost you about $7. When you come out of the Bart station the Triple Rock is five blocks away going across University Ave. After you have had a few beers or lunch, you might want to take a look at Barkley Marina which is at the bottom of University Ave. Its a few minutes by car, where you can take a nice stroll along the waterfront and take some great pictures of the city from the other side of the bay.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Friendly atmosphere in a neighborhood spot. The beer is tasty but the wine is only average. Good pub grub and is open for a generous amount of hours.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We went here because the Raleigh pub on telegraph has been destroyed by fire. We were not disappointed. The choice of beers was excellent, ipax in particular was great. The selection of food was not massive but what they did, they did well. The salmon salad was really good and also the was a selection of vegetation food.
The staff were friendly and the ambiance fine. We arrived about 12.30 on a Sunday and there were lots of empty tables, but by 1 pm it was full! We will be back.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a lovely Saturday afternoon on the rooftop, enjoying delicious beers & Rueben Sandwiches that were quite possibly the best ( definitely the largest) we have ever eaten. Our Server was wonderful, patient, informative in every single dingle way.