Hotel Montana Palace
$36
Hotel Epinal(Bitola)
$31
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $57/night.

$54
$37
$34
Royal View(Ohrid)
$61
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

All reviewsmontana palacenice viewexcellent foodgreat hotelgreat naturebuffet breakfastexcellent wifishort walkcomfortable roomhotel is situatedfree wifinice staffextended weekendrestaurant offerspublic areasview from the balconyrooms are basic
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best view to the town from all rooms. Very clean and tidy hotel. Very good restaurant with delicious traditional cuisine.
Staff, especially at the reception, might seem reserved and too serious - but it is only because they are not used to smile as wide as service people do in the West. Once you come to them with a personal request, they will do whatever they can to help you.
Too bad the swimming pool isn't functioning. Hope they can fix it soon.
Also, there is a small gym but it is not easily accessible - you need to ask the staff to guide you. They should fix it too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VitalyDjuma
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Montana several times over the past 30 years. My most recent trip was in June of 2013. The new owners have done extensive renovations and the service is comparable to any North American hotel. We held our daughter's Christening there and everything was perfect. The set up, service and the food was all what we ordered and expected. We found the staff to be polite and accommodating. They do have a Balkan attitude but you need only to ask for anything that you require. I found the staff quite willing to assist. I also have to say that I found the management to be very accommodating and actually concerned with their customers having an enjoyable experience. They live at the hotel so there is someone there all the time which is very different from most hotel owners.
The hotel is also in a great location. You can walk in the woods behind the hotel. During the summer, paragliders launch a short distance from the hotel and it is pretty amazing to watch.
It is also a very short walk to the center of the city, where there are great restaurants, shops, monuments and the memorial site. It is an ideal location for the big Ilienden celebrations in August. You can walk to the celebration site from the hotel and it is a short walk to the center of the city where they have a ton of events in the summer.
The ski lift is a short distance away, if you are visiting in the winter. You can ski back to the hotel through very scenic trails.
As I said, I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 30 years. It is the best it has ever been.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TorontoTekva
Reviewed June 30, 2013

From a distance, the Montana Palace looks like an alpine style hotel. But once you are close, the mirage is over. The hotel condition is worse than bad. The hike from the bus stop is confusing and a little strenous if you carry some luggage. Staff is rude and serious. The room...well, from the curtains to the bathroom to the floor to the bed, all is in need of a serious refurbishement. Enough cleanliness, but stains all over and bad water supply. Few lights, but an extraordinary view of the village from the balcony .
The hotel is favored by tour groups and students. Can be very noisy for that matter. Wifi is almost inexistent, even in the lobby. Try to eat something and buy supplies down in Krusevo, restaurant is poor.
Last minute deals are good, but if you want a comfy stay, try elsewhere. Enough for a 1 day stay.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are facing the village...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
therist, Manager at Hotel Montana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear patanete

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. As you can see from other newer comments we have done quite a lot refurbishment in the past period, and we have put enormous attention into retraining personnel.

We are aware that we still have much to do in the hotel, but we have taken it from a ruin level, to a likable place in 2013. We do encourage you to visit us again to witness our progress. I am willing to extend one free night for you if come to visit us. We have also solved the wifi problem, although it carries symbolic costs, it is available everywhere now.

I would like to thank you for pointing something we have never thought of before, and that is coming from the bus station to the hotel. We have luckily bought a new van to be used as a shuttle service from the airport. I will make sure it will be available for guests coming from the bus station for free, to avoid difficult walks with luggage.

Hope to see you again we wish you all the best.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel Montana Palas is the only hotel in the town of Krushevo. I was satisfied from their services during my stay, the room was satisfactory, dinner was great, breakfast was satisfactory. The hotel has few more facilities to restore and rebuilt, and I wish them all the best in their endevours. Will return to stay at Montana Palas again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've been in Montana Palace for 1 week. I never been in a so rude staff and so terrible restaurant.

the staff is always angry and no one will ever give you a smile. The portions of the restaurant are really poor (the last night for dinner I got 2 slices of fried bread with a slice of cheese, another day there where necks of the chicken in the soups), they will give you always plastic glasses, dirty (probably already used) towels and if you ask to the waiters for just more water they will answer to you in a bad way.

The bath room of our room was flooded every time you took a shower, causing dirt and black floor.
90% of the staff does not speak English!

This is a 4-star hotel? I've been in hostels where the service was ten times better!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alessio S
therist, Manager at Hotel Montana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear sir

We found your group in our database, and I can finally answer to you about the review you posted.

You were part of a group that had budget for camping in the forest, or to be fair to say almost no budget. A friend of mine asked me to accept the group in the hotel for the budget he had, only due to security. We agreed to accept the group almost for free. The services you received were mostly coming from the organizer with the budget they had, and we helped whenever it was asked from us.

You were staying in the hotel for free, or on the budget from the group. We feel that this comment is truly unfair towards us, because your stay was free, actually paid by a very modest budget, and any service you received was at least 10 times better than the service your organizer's budged could pay. We feel disappointed that you are ungrateful, and that you try to damage the hotel.