All reviews hot tub heated floors within miles full kitchen we've stayed private tubs yosemite armoire rv refrigerator cabin lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

A friend asked me to join him and two others at the camp site he reserved. I researched the place and replied I would join them.
It is a 6-7 hour drive from Los Angeles so I wanted to spend more than the one day he had reserved. But all ten of the campsites were already taken so instead I extended my trip by spending a couple nights in Bishop, only around 35 miles away.
As others have stated in there reviews, the place including the hot tub was clean. The three porta potties were clean and stocked with paper. The campsite was fairly private with plants and bushes separating each site from the others.
The evening sky was beautiful. Laced back in the hot spring and watched the stars.
The friend got up every couple hours at night and got back in the tub. Me, I slept soundly through the night. There was the constant background noise from a generator running all evening, but other than that it was quiet. The no music policy was followed or people kept theirs low as I never heard any.
Luckily I brought a gallon of water so the fact there was no faucet with water was not a problem. And for cooking and cleaning I just got water from the hot tub.
The day and night I spent here was relaxing and refreshing.
The place has become quite popular so if you want to stay I suggested getting reservations months in advance.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank halpie52
Reviewed October 6, 2016

This place is already uber popular, but we have to say we love camping next to our own personal tub with views of Boundary Peak and the western-looking Benton Range. It's humble, but profound. You need to be adventurous to camp here. There are porta-potties. Or you can go the safe route and book a room at the B&B. At any rate the place is one in a million and if you are game, your visit here will change your life.

Room tip: Hot Tub 1 is hot; Hot Tub 7 is cooler
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreamingbillandkate
Reviewed October 4, 2016

The Inn is an old but somewhat fixed-up hot springs resort, and what they've managed to do here is quite wonderful! They maintain a number of hot tubs all about the grounds (clothing optional!), and the breakfast we got was wonderful as well.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed September 30, 2016

Great small campground with hot tubs fed by the hot springs at each site. "Town" is tiny. Store with gas station, church, a small park. Beautiful views and the stars are amazing at night. There is an old cemetery on the top of the hill behind the campground dating back to the 1860's. Porta-potties in the campground, no water for washing dishes, hands or for drinking. Definitely a unique experience!

Room tip: Site 9 has a great view of the mountains
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Nice little private campground with private tubs at each site. Well kept, spacious sites with great to adequate privacy depending on the site. Not much in the way of supplies out there so bring what you need unless you want to rely on the small local store or drive the 36+ miles to Bishop.

LOVE that they have a no music policy for the campsites, really helps to keep it peaceful....except of course for the unbelievably loud and relentless piece of machinery running somewhere in the distance from midday until 11 pm at night and sounded like a gigantic vacuum cleaner. We later found out this was a generator at a local growing facility, on tribal land. I honestly do not think they could have found a louder generator.

I like to go to places like this to enjoy the quiet and beauty of the desert, that does not exist when the generator from hell is on. It is a shame too, because it would have been amazingly quiet and peaceful days and evenings had it not been for this. Unfortunately, that is the main reason I will likely not go back.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bibndum