“Excellent Food and Service and the best wine selection in Jamaica”
Review of Mystic India

Mystic India
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ironshore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delectable Indian Cuisine served in a beautiful setting with Impeccable service. Mystic India is one of the finest restaurants in Montego Bay. Join us for an unforgettable dining experience.
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service and the best wine selection in Jamaica”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Situated in Whitter Village,Montego Bay, Jamaica with ample parking and security in Ironshore. The best wine selection by far of any restaurant in Jamaica. The food is exceptional authentic Indian cuisine and spicy if you desire so. Worth every penny!!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Starboy1973

London, United Kingdom
“A bit of a mixed bag, but definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stumbled upon Mystic India during a family shopping day out at the new Whitter Village complex.
Okay, so first the easy part, the decor, which is quite stylish, warm and cosy. Definitely some thought went into this and it is a welcoming environment. For the food we decided to grab a selection of familiar starters. Strangely, there was no onion Bhaji on the menu and we were told they don't make them. That's a first.

Mango Lassi - I like these yogurt based drinks and here they serve them in these funky copper cups which keep them cool a long time.

Chicken Tikka - we all agreed was juicy, spiced just right and probably the best thing we ate.

Shrimp Pakora - nothing special, shrimps fried in the usual gram flour and served with a dipping sauce, which they needed because I thought they lacked flavour. My advice is to avoid these and choose the normal veggie Pakoras which were much better.

Malai Kofta - not bad at all. The veggie balls were light and fluffy and served with a creamy rich sauce.

Samosas - mince and vegetable ones were both good and well filled, not greasy.

Galoui Kebab - very nice, and the quality of minced meat used was good.

Naan bread - simply awful! so soggy and lifeless that we initially thought it was a chapati or roti and so sent it back. What returned was the exact same. the worse Naan bread I've ever seen.

I can't rate Mystic India as excellent, firstly because I have visited India many times and so will, perhaps unfairly, compare this food to what I have had there. Service was okay-ish, but could have been better seeing as we were the only diners present at the time. I also have to take into consideration the fact our bill, with drinks, amounted to well over $100 for what was in essence a selection of mostly starters.
If I lived full-time in Jamaica I would for sure go back to indulge my craving for Indian food, at least to try out some of the other main dishes. Mystic India is worth checking out, and they also offer Indo-Chinese dishes. Just avoid the Naan bread :))

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank stef11
NYC
“Great Service”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We dined at this restaurant two days before we left. The setting was very elegant. The background music was very relaxing. The food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. Most romantic moment on the island. The atmosphere basically sets the mood. I would difinately recommend it for a quiet meal.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank SSOUTHE
County Durham
“Nice little find”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We ate in this restaurant with another couple as we were based in an all inclusive hotel and wanted something different. I have to say everything about the place was very nice, a little on the expensive side but we didn't mind as we were in need of a change. Would definitely recommend this place. We were shocked to find that the taxi drivers had no idea where this place was so jut ask to be dropped at the Harley Davison cafe and they will know where to take you.

2 Thank josaki789
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Ambiance and Great Service”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Great Indian and Chineese Food. I throughly enjoyed it! The food plus the romantic settings was absolutely wonderful! This restaurant is a must once you visit Montego Bay.

• Visited November 2011