Ways to Experience Jamaica Tours Ltd.
from $86.99
from $69.99
from $65.99
More Info
All reviews airport transfer dunn's river falls montego bay jewel paradise cove tour desk dolphin cove bob marley great tour company return trip duty free shopping private car ricks cafe black river other hotels luminous lagoon points of interest travel agent
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I've traveled to 70 countries and this company is lazy and unprofessional. 40 minutes late in initial meeting and then 20 minutes telling about excursions that, when you decide to book, are not available. Inquired about another tour and no one ever gets back to you. Driver for booked excursion goes to the wrong location and a substitute has to be found, 40 minutes later. Return pickup for airport 45 minutes late, despite confirmation the night before. Driver says he was there on time, but I was there 15 minutes early and he wasn't there. If this company charged a penny, it would be overpriced.

Date of experience: November 2018
JamaicaTours, Manager at Jamaica Tours Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2018

We regret the experience you describe in your review. We would love to get some specific details relating to your experience with us. if you could please, touch base with us via email - jtl@jamaicatoursltd.com.

We'd love to hear from you so we can look into these instances and ensure your next experience with us is a much more satisfactory one.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

I came to Jamaica for the first time on a girls trip in October,stayed at the jewel Dunns river resort. Booked an excursion out to Dunns falls,upon arriving we met with a jtl dispatcher called shorty,she was fun,told us a few jokes,got our wrist bands, VIP entry to be exact,she made our entry quite quick and precise. It was a day for cruise people so that's was great. She was very honest by telling us about the lockers,what to expect with the flea market at the exit,the pictures,what to do and not to do. Thank you Monique aka shorty,u made our girls trip the absolute best. Will recommend jtl and shorty any time

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback Monquie and the entire JTL is proud to provide great customer service to you. We look forward to your next trip to Jamaica when we hopr to do it all over again.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Jamaica Tours was the transfer company I used to transfer to Sunset at the Palms in Negril. When I returned to the airport to leave Jamaica, I accidentally left my wallet in the van. I called the hotel when I realized that it was missing. They checked my room and also contacted Jamaica Tours to try to locate it. My driver was Mr. Brown and he found the wallet and returned it to Sunset at the Palms who shipped it to my home in Texas.
Really impressive service from Mr. Brown, JTL and Sunset at the Palms!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I booked a Dunn's River Falls half day tour with Jamaica Tours, and unfortunately we did not get off to a great start. With a miscommunication of the departure time, we had to reschedule for the following day. We had booked the tour early enough in our stay that rescheduling wasn't a concern, and they came through and picked us up on September 8th, 2018. From the Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall in Montego Bay, we drove to Dunn's River Falls, and I absolutely loved the way that Franklin drove. Our tour person was a lovely lady however I forgot to write down her name. She kept us very entertained on the ride, and knew quite a bit about Jamaica. I am Jamaican and I learned a lot from her about my country in the short amount of time on the tour. I loved how we stopped at a local shop on route where they sold watershoes, cigars, alcohol, and things of that nature, because in Ocho Rios at The Falls everything was overpriced. At the end of the experience you're stuck going through the section where the merchants are setup. These folks were rather aggressive in their sales tactics, all except for one gentleman, who was situated at the end of the line. He was there selling with no pressure to buy. Look for his booth! When //it comes to the over all experience, it was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful. I've been there before as a child but not on a tour. It was well-organized. I felt very comfortable and very safe. We had a wonderful time and I will definitely be booking Jamaica Tours again. I love their customer service, I love the history, the education and knowledge that we received. And our hair felt amazing from the minerals in the water!

Date of experience: September 2018
JamaicaTours, Manager at Jamaica Tours Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

We're very happy we could have impacted your time in Jamaica in some a positive way; it was indeed a pleasure serving you, we definitely will be privileged to serve you on your next trip to Jamaica. Thank you for providing us with some feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I took two separate day tours with JTL—the first to Kingston and the Bob Marley Museum; the other to Nine Mile (birthplace and resting place of Bob Marley) and Dunn's River Falls. Both trips included several side attractions and some shopping.

The first tour took us through some of the inner streets of Kingston as there was road construction along the normal route. This actually worked to our advantage as it offered a better taste of life in Jamaica. It was a treat driving on narrow streets past colourful little houses and vibrant markets. Not all areas are safe, so, unfortunately, we couldn't stop there to take pictures.

A special (and unexpected) treat was being able to visit the Kingston cricket stadium. We'd been told we could only view it from the outside, but our tour guide (thanks, Steve!) was able to convince the security guard to let us go in and take a look around. We also got to meet and speak to the curator who reminisced about the many West Indian greats he had seen in action.

We later got to drive through the upscale Beverly Hills neighbourhood, where Usain Bolt, Chris Gayle and the Jamaican prime minister are among the celebs who have homes there.

The other highlight was the visit to Bob Marley's home and recording studio, which has now been converted into a museum. Whether or not you are a fan, you will very likely enjoy the couple of hours spent visiting here. Highly recommended.

The second trip, with the wonderful and funny DeAndrea ("Lady D") as our tour guide and Spencer at the wheel, started with a ride through narrow winding roads up the hills to Nine Mile, where Bob Marley was born (and is also his resting place).

You might think previously visiting the Marley museum would make this slightly less interesting, but that wasn't the case. Two very different experiences, and both worth it in their own way.

Lunch was included in the price for this tour, and was at an amazing jerk place where you get served jerk chicken, jerk pork, festival (a Jamaican treat) and a drink. A hearty meal and the jerk was even better than what was served at the hotel we stayed at.

The highlight of this tour was the Dunn's River Falls. You have a choice of walking up the falls from the base or just using the stairs alongside if you'd rather not get wet. Some advice: if you can manage it, take the falls. It is refreshing and enjoyable.

Both tours finished with a visit to a duty free shopping area. Lady D, who really was a wonderful, witty and knowledgeable tour guide, helped out by talking to the shop owners and getting bigger discounts than we'd received on our first visit there.

All in all, I'd readily recommend both tours as a great way to learn about and explore the real Jamaica while staying safe. I will also readily recommend JTL...both tour guides and drivers were very friendly, and went out of their way to be helpful.

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. It was our pleasure in bringing the experiences to you. We look forward to doing it all over again when you come back to our island paradise.