“try to fool me?”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ventura, California
“try to fool me?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I lived in Benicia 15 yrs, but only went to Randy's a few times. I liked the chicken soup once. Second time the soup was so salty I was ill as soon as I got home. Third time in Dec 2012 the soup was served without the avocado slices; when I asked the waitress she acted ignorant, then said she would check, then she said they ran out of avocados and put guacamole in my soup. Yuk, and I never went back. Always a long wait for the check and to make payment.

• Visited December 2012

San Francisco, California
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a longtime resident. Staff and atmosphere are always pleasant. However, we frequently wait for bland, often lukewarm, food. The margaritas are terrible which is attributable to poor tequila and cheap mix. This place could really up its game with better margaritas! Even the top shelf is lacking..I can say the same for the salsa which for the most part tastes more like Ketchup. On a positive, the portions are very generous. I just wish the food had more authentic flavor. If Benicia ever gets a real mexican food place, stand by; Randy's may find itself out of business.

• Visited October 2013
Benicia, California, United States
“Very good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Salsa is important to me and they have great salsa. Their other traditional dishes are good also and I especially like their whole pinto beans.

Visited March 2013
California
“Little slice of Mexico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The atmosphere is true Mexico! The food plentiful and delicioso! Love the chili relleno (with beef inside!) and the prices are very good too. Try the jalapeno margarita!

Visited March 2013
Benicia
“Mediocre Food Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant on various occasions. First time was on a Sunday afternoon, I ordered enchiladas in green sauce. The food was lukewarm and the sauce tasted like it came right out of a popular mexican canned sauce one finds at the grocery store. I left my food half eaten and swore I would never return. Fast forward 6 months and I had to go back for a friends celebration. This time it was on a Friday at 5:30 in the bar section. The place was busy but not crowded. I ordered chili rellenos, my friends ordered the big burrito. There was only 4 of us. The waiter with no eye contact and no greeting took our order approx 15 mins after we arrived. As time ticked away and said waiter was flitting around we waited, and waited, he never came by to inquire about drinks, no eye contact, nothing. After approx one hour I flagged him over and asked him where the food was, he said it had only been 20mins, no apologies, no I will find out, no I am sorry, nothing. I told no, it has been an hour (it was timed) and if you do not bring the food in 5 mins we are walking out of here. With attitude he said to me again that it had only been 20mins. Five minutes later the food came, the punk waiter never said anything. I did not tip him but my TIP to the owner is this; Neither I or my friends will EVER return to this place and I am telling anyone NOT to go to this restaurant where its obvious the owner doesn't care about her customers or care enough to invest in training her staff. This place is busy because it has a bar, and lets face it, most people are just not that picky when it comes to 'mexican' food. This place is a no go - I refuse to give my money to a business that simply does not care. There are other restaurants that do.

• Visited November 2012