“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
Buffalo
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in September 2009 and were greeted by a very friendly staff. Our room was immaculate and beautiful, the beds very comfortable, and the bathroom was well-maintained and luxurious. I had trouble with the cable TV box and a staff member immediately came up to help. The staff went out of their way to help me print our boarding passes when their business center printer was not functioning. The continental breakfast had cereal, fresh bagels, juice, belgian waffles, yogurt, toast, hard-boiled eggs, and more. The hotel was clean, updated, and quiet, and we couldn't beat the price. We would stay here again if ever in the area again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank szreceipts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
OR
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel a couple of times prior to this stay. The reason we had stayed here was location, and only location. It is probably a two star at best, but it was okay. It is only so-so clean and offers nothing else. Breakfast is very slim picking, but okay.

This time was a totally different story. We checked into our room and it had a slight odor of feces. I didn't realize that this hotel allowed dogs or I never would have stayed here. The following morning we left for the day and upon returning the room still had a very bad odor that seemed to eminate from near the desk. The next day we left the room and returned that evening to the same terrible odor. Later in the evening I pulled out the chair from the desk and guess what we found...dog feces!! No wonder it smelled. Spoke with the person in the lobby and was told "I'm sorry" and that was it! I should have been comped that disgusting room.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, even someone with an animal. I repeat never stay at this hotel!! If I had to describe this hotel it would be DISGUSTNG and that is not one of the choices given.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Stayed for two night while visiting family. The room was unexpectedly large, and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. Check-in was painless, and the staff was very friendly.

The bed was comfortable, and the fridge and microwave were convenient touches. The jetted tub was quite powerful, as I managed to soak the entire bathroom when I fired it up. (Tip: Get in the tub before you turn on the jets.)

The continental breakfast was decent, though lacking in fresh fruit (this is California, after all -- too much to ask for some fruit?) The coffee was mediocre as well.

Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well-kept. Location was good, as it was close to the freeway and places to eat. I'd definitely recommend staying here over any of the places available in nearby Vallejo.

Will be returning when I'm in town.

• Liked — Large, clean rooms. Friendly staff. Convenient location.
  • Disliked — No free internet in rooms (it's 2008, for crying out loud). Mediocre continental breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank gldnbrz
La Jolla, California
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Having been in the Best Western Motel in the beautiful small town of Benicia, California for three nights June 6 to 9, 2008 we would like to commend the motel and staff.

Rooms: very large and very clean.
Noise Level - very quiet.
Staff: very friendly and very polite.
Food: Excellent Complimentary buffet breakfast each morning and complimentary buffet dinner - with wine, beer, soft drinks - on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We are senior citizens and there are also a number of families there. There is also a very nice swimming pool. Benicia is a historic town and was the third capital of the State of California

Jane and Joe Frisinger
La Jolla, California

2 Thank DRG13
anaheim
Reviewed May 16, 2008

When you think of reserving a room out of town, most people think of a vacation or a weekend road trip....... not a funeral. Our family chose The Best Western Heritage Inn in Benicia California. My sister susan set up the reservations for our family, so we were able to get a group rate, and for the price the rooms were beautiful. And I'm pretty picky. Their high quality of service was demonstrated throughout the whole stay, in spite of the situation our family was going through. They were very accommodating. I highly recommend staying with them!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Their service was top of the line
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
sonoma, california
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I am a business traveler. I decided to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn in Benicia California because of the many other positive reviews on this web site. I was very pleased to find that they were right.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They were very clean. The staff was very professional and you wouldn't even expect this hotel to be a Best Western. The modern decor puts it way over the top as far as Best Westerns are concerned.

• Liked — The clean rooms, and the helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
sunnyvale, ca
Reviewed September 23, 2007

I've been to 3 best westerns in as many months, this one is by far the best. Room is big and clean, hotel clerk was nice to let me check in 2 hours before normal, breakfast has more variety than other BWs. Even though hotel is close to freeway, no freeway noise heard during night. Overall, this is a good place to stay even though the rate was a bit high.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benicia
Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Best Western John Muir Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 18 in Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!