“Yum!”

Venticellos Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Benicia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very delicious fresh food. Everyone enjoyed their order. We will definitely return soon. Very cute place inside as well.

There are newer reviews for Venticellos Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Went for dinner and was pleasantly surprised. We both ordered off of the special menu. I had a seafood risotto and my wife had the chicken. Both were great and priced well. We will definitely be back. They could use some soft music for ambience.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a very nice diner
Chris was super !
We are from holland and did'nt know wat some of the ingredients waa ! So Chris show it to us before and after cooking.
We go again tommorow ( today it is the 20th august )
We tasted 3 different glasses of wine before we got the best one !
So if you go to Benicia go to this place !

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Best food, value and service in Benicia. Every entree I've tried has been delicious. Plus dinner comes with an excellent house salad, warm sourdough bread and that wonderful tapanade.

2  Thank MrMacCruises
Reviewed July 24, 2012

THis is the restaurant we ended up eating at instead of Matsuris suchi place. Read my review of that place if you want to know why.

Venticellos has enough outdoor seating that it was fine for our dogs. THey have a rather large wine menu for a small town but after all this is California. They even have specials which wwe tried.
THe french onion soup was very tasty, served in a non traditional bowl, was light tan rather than clear with lots of onions. It looks as if the onions were all vaporized into the soup. No matter it was quite oniony and tasty. If you are a traditional French onion soup aficionado you wont like this. If you like good soup regardless of what they call it - you'll love it.

I had an antipasto that looked like a calabrese salad with shrimp and cucumbers. IT wa described accurately in the menu and was jsut the light touch i wanted for supper.
My partner wanted the chicken rigatoni special and it came out wonderfully. The sun dried tomatoes were not hard little chunk some body threw in as na afterthought but were succulent and enjoyable.

The chicken was moist, and the sauce well suited to the combination.

All in all a very pleasant dining experience. I have no idea why there aren't more people here as compared with the non seating sushi place across the street!!! At least here you can get a table and get served.

I plan on coming back here to sample some of their more ambitious dishes when I am sans dogs! The interior appeared typically old world Italian - dark and dark woods - but pleasant none the less.

IF you like Italian, this place should be on your list.

1  Thank Mithra