“Our Special Place in the Redwoods”

Tyrolean Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Ben Lomond
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been eating here for small and large family events for 10 years! I love schnitzel, hubby loves their sauerbraten.....they even have kids plates for $4. and a kids play area on the outdoors enclosed family area. Adults can eat in main room with bar.....great on tap german beer! We lived in germany 4 years and this is the best we can find in northern california.....Daughter lives near there and they do the buffet the 1st thursday of each month. Parking in the rear and in good weather a jump house for kids.

1  Thank MMPRN

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Awesome food. Kinda snobby service sometimes....depends on who your server is, but I think it's a little of the "act" they put on. Have never had a dish there (and I think I've been through the ENTIRE menu) that wasn't awesome or very good at minimum. Excellent selection of beer and schnapps. Great outdoor seating and semi-outdoor beergarden. Great place for a group of people. Reservations HIGHLY recommended. Not so much that it's crowded (which it sometimes is), but the staff CLEARLY doesn't treat you as well without a reservation. Not sure if it's a reward or just their culture...but I've seen it many times. Yep. Just make a reservation and eat yourself silly...everything is delish!

1  Thank Kari D
Reviewed October 9, 2012

we came here accidentally at october fest. paid $6 to get in about half an hour before they started pulling up the seats outside but the little band played for an hour so we got some value out of the entrance fee. the food is very average and overpriced but despite all that, and feeling a little ripped off, i kind of enjoyed it. i love all things german and it had a kitschy appeal. the location is beautiful. it's worth it for the fun side of the experience just don't have too many expectations about the food. although, if the owners read this, i will say it's not that hard to improve the quality or at very least the quantity to make up for the prices.

1  Thank sallychicago
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am shocked this place doesnt already have a lot of reviews! Just tried this place on a whim with a work colleague, looking for something a bit different. I had the pork cutlets in mustard sauce, delicious. Great environment, festive and cheery. Very pleasant and smiling waittress. Good selection of German beers and wines. The entrees were large. But we got dessert and aperitifs to follow anyway. I think mainly we were really enjoying this place and didn't want to leave. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Chris K
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just love that Schweinshaxe!!!
Love the red cabbage. Love the bread dumplings.
Love the gravy!!! Is that so wrong?
Good Beer Too.

I dig this place. Try not to get bent out of shape if the service sometimes seems slow, it's a busy little place. Have you seen the size of the kitchen? In my humble opinion, the food is very good and that's what really matters, right? The decor is interesting. There's a lot of statuary stuff on the property to check out so get a beer from the bar and check out the sights while your there.