“Restaurant is Now Closed”
Review of Ciao Bella Act II - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ciao Bella Act II
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are your favorite hot spot in the Santa Cruz Mountains. As a restaurant we serve fine dining Italian cuisine with a side of crazy. We employ performers and those who are drawn to the world of entertainment. Every employee from the server to the busser, the dishwasher to the bartender will at a moments notice hop on stage and sing to you, or dance, or maybe even do a firedance in the parking lot.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Ciao Bella Act II has apparently ended. I ran by the restaurant a week ago and noticed workers tearing the insides of the place down. When I asked one of the crew if the restautant would be reopening soon he said that I'd "need to ask the new owners". Good to hear someone has bought the place, but I'm not sure whether it will be "Act III", a new cuisine, or just converted to a private residence. Anyone know more?

1  Thank Sunseeker600
There are newer reviews for Ciao Bella Act II

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband ate there last night. The place was almost empty. The wait staff were friendly and efficient but the food was very mediocre. We had pasta with veggies and the vegetables weren't cooked well. We won't be going back.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The original Ciao Bella was quirky at best but the food was palatable. Not too sure what has happened to Ciao Bella Act II. Ordered the spaghetti and it tasted like they can poured it from a can. That is a taste I haven't had in a very long time and a taste that I never hope to have again. Admittedly, I haven't been back to try something else, largely due to the fact, the days of operation seem to vary.
I know the regulations for styrofoam in Santa Cruz County has changed but their takeout looke more like leftovers, all wrapped in foil.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is a hole in the wall place to eat on the highway that runs through the San Lorezno Valley in the hills above the north end of Monterey Bay. The food was OK but the quirk factor was great.

1  Thank BenLomondBungalow
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have been to this restaurant several times, both before and after the change of ownership. Under the previous management the place was pretty crazy and easily offensive, depending on what you are into. Under the new management, the restaurant is much more family friendly. They have really made the place more classy and "good clean fun", rather than the shocking raunchy approach the previous owner took. It's a great place to enjoy a good meal with live entertainment. The staff take turns singing/dancing on a stage in the main room. I recommend making reservations and specifically asking to be in the main room. There are also tables in a side room, which doesn't have as good a view of the stage. However, that doesn't seem to be as much of an issue these days. It used to be much more crowded than it is now, which is actually nice. It's a nicer dining experience when the restuarant isn't packed. Overall, I really like this place.