“No Frills”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 4, 2014

At the price I paid for this hotel, I shouldn't complaint about anything. Hotel is conveniently located and clean, but typical HIE, without any facilities. The only issues I had were noise and sleep quality. This is typical three story building American style, made out of wooden panels. Which means you can hear every breath from the floor above. If you need a place to sleep only and can negotiate higher floor, and the price is right (as was mine), go for it.

Room Tip: Chose higher floor, I could hear every step in the room above.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback, we are glad to hear you were satisfied with the hotel value. We sincerely would like to see you again on your next trip to the Belmont area. Thank you again,

Director of Sales

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here a couple times and was happier with my first visit than my second. The check-in process was pleasant and the front desk very courteous.

I had a few complaints that might not necessarily be complaints for a less expensive hotel, but when you are putting out $242 plus tax a night, your expectations are a little higher.

The complimentary wireless internet is extremely slow as to be a burden to use.
The remote battery cover was broken.
You have to run the water for a very long time to get it hot.
Even though I ran the tap water a long time it never really got hot and I shower early.
The cable stations weren't all working.
They do not distribute a receipt under your door in the morning and i had to go to the front desk to get it.
The refrigerator is very small.

The room was clean and well kept.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank SMB4_1958
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

We understand you had enjoyed your 1st experience at our property. We do regret very much that you did not enjoy your stay recently and it was inconvenience and uncomfortable stay due to the mentioned concerns in your feedback, regarding the invoice, hot water, broken remote control, cable and slow internet. these issues will be addressed immediately to be fixed and prevented from happening in the future.

We sincerely Thank you for bringing up these concerns so it can be resolved immediately.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Staff worked hard to please. They provided early check in and late check out. Francis the duty manager was on top of everything. All staff were super friendly. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Beds were especially comfortable. Plentiful breakfast and easy parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

We Thank you for sharing with us your great comfort experience at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA. Indeed we every employee at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, especially Frances strive to provide an excellent service to our guest to make sure you are at home away from home. Thank you again,

Director of Sales

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in my life but none compares to the service my family received at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA July 2014. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Shelley, Frances, and Mike took extremely good care of us during our stay. Initially my family was going to stay at 2 different hotels during our stay but after checking in at the Belmont location there was no way we were leaving, we cancelled our other reservation and extended our stay at the Belmont. I can go on and on about this hotel, you MUST experience it for yourself. You will agree with me! If you are looking for a good hotel about 30 minutes from San Francisco and San Jose stay at this hotel. You will be amazed at the customer service level. I have been telling everyone about this hotel. When my family returns to the San Francisco area we will be booking again at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont location.

1  Thank Lydia C
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you took the time to share with us how delighted you were pleased with Mike, Francis and Shelly, We are glad to hear you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and you had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA,

Indeed we would love to see you and your family soon again. Have a pleasant day:)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel looks really new and modern. Had a room with separate living room and desk, was so spacious! Big bathroom with nice toilet paper, not the cheap ones! Clean, and comfortable. Check in was easy and was recognized as a Priority Club member. Arrived at 4th of july and had a room at 3rd floor with amazing view to the fire works! Priceless! The breakfast area was modern, had the standard menu that all Holiday Inn Express have. The parking area is big enough, had 2 levels. We had a bad experience in an other Holiday Inn Express before arriving in this property and really want to say that was a happy end for a week trip to stay at this hotel.
Only stayed for one night but want to go back and stay many nights more.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alnl99

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us in details about the rooms, parking space. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and you had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA, Indeed we would love to see you soon again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express was the third hotel we stayed in during our six day trip to California. It was a last minute choice after a very bad experience in another hotel. We found the HIE to be extremely clean, modern and QUIET. "Francis" , who helped us check in, was very helpful and directed us to a wonderful restaurant in the area. In the morning, "Shelley" did a excellent job of keeping the breakfast bar well-stocked while being pleasant and friendly with all the guests. Of the three hotels we stayed in, this was by far the best. The staff made us feel welcome and the rooms were quite pleasant.

1  Thank msrichmond

Dear Guest,

We Thank you very much for taking the time and share with us how much you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA, Indeed our hotel staff Francis,Shelly and every employee at the property strive to provide the excellent service to our guest.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had a nice night at this property. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and all in all it was great. Unlike previous reviews i had no issue with noise. They are 100% non smoking property. I am a smoker and I prefer it that way. They did have a lovely patio off the breakfast room that you could smoke on. The lobby was gorgeous! I loved the layout and design! Only downfall is there was no pool, at least i couldn't find one and no staff member informed me there was one. Also my tub was slightly dirty. The bath mat that had been glued down had started to lift and there was mold on the underside. Also there was a very faint ring around the tub. It also had a hard time draining. Also i wish they had more breakfast options. Other Holiday Inns have turkey sausage, Greek yogurt, and oatmeal cups with fresh options to put in it. I did not see any of that. Regardless I enjoyed my stay and if I'm in the area again i will stay here. Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LaDeDa88
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

We are very pleased to hear your feedback the good and bad, we sincerely appreciated very much!

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Although, I am so surprised and I regret to hear about the room clean standard was not as it should be, and regarding the breakfast options without Greek yogurt, oatmeal and some of other breakfast options you have mentioned. Indeed all these options should be available at the breakfast buffet.

Currently we have created working order project to fix all the mentioned items in that room.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to the Belmont area, Thanks again!

Holiday Inn Express Belmont, CA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
SpringHill Suites Belmont Redwood Shores
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont? Share your experiences!