“San Francisco weekend trip”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chula Vista, California
“San Francisco weekend trip”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had traveled to the Fresno, CA area for a quick visit to a friend, so my wife and I decided to make it weekend trip to San Francisco due to its close proximity. We decided to stay outside of San Francisco itself to avoid all the traffic congestion and hassle of having to pay for parking. We arrived on a Friday night and we were quickly checked in. We got to the room and it was clean and comfy for the two of us. We checked out the bathroom and it was pretty good. We stayed a total of two nights and had an overall pleasant stay. The bed was ok, but not as comfortable as other Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at before. The room had a dual air conditioner/heater window unit (typical in most hotels). We did not have any issues with this at all. The bathroom door was a bit annoying in that it would not stay open. It would always close as if it was not level. This was not a big issue though. The morning breakfast was pretty good. Scrambled eggs, all sorts of breads/pastries, cereal, yogurts, etc. And it was included in our room rate! Most other hotels charged additional for this. Parking was also free (plenty of it available). Other reviews indicated that there were no places to eat, but I would have to differ. There was a mall not too far from the hotel (about 2.5 miles) that provided plenty of places to eat (unless you wanted to just walk a block or two). In this case, there is a subway and a couple of restaurants within walking distance. We truly enjoyed our stay. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your views regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Belmont.
We truly value your openion.
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope that you will be our guest on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Kindest Regards,

Samir Y. Mshasha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The guys that work here are super nice and helpful. They really go the extra mile. The room is average, but completely serviceable. The location is pretty poor. There is nothing around other than a Subway and a pizza shop that sells uncooked pizzas. You can walk to the Caltrain, but it's a fair stretch. The breakfast is really poor. I daren't touch the luminous products in the hot cupboard so just had a banana.

In summary, great staff, average room, poor location, rubbish breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

We truly appreciate your feedback! As we value each guest's feedback at our hotel. Indeed, we have an excellent staff that strive to help and assist each guest with their needs.

With regards to the property location, we have several Restaurants near the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Belmont, and they also offer our guests 10% discount on food and beverages. here's some of the local nearby restaurants. Iron Gate-Steak House, Kaboul-Afghan Cusine, Creola-New Orleans Bistro, China Village-Chinese with Full Bar and God Father-Mexican Food.

There's a flyer at the front desk with some of our local restaurants and attractions close to the hotel Please feel free to ask one of our staff for restaurants recommendation on your next visit. We would like to see you again in the near future at our hotel.

Kind Regards,
Sana
Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express Belmont
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed a week at the hotel for business, because the regular hotel I stayed was fully booked.

The staff are all very friendly. Just some minor hiccups here and there (e.g. they open the door to install the shower curtain without giving me a chance to response to the knocking - I latch the door thereafter in my stay; laundry not delivered at 7pm, but at 10pm when I was almost asleep; the next laundry, I pick it up from the receptionist desk).

Wifi is slow, stick to the wired connection. Gym was ok, just a little too warm (Air conditioning doesn't seem to come on in the gym).. and not everyone who works out just want to watch fitness channels on the TV in the gym.

Location is ok, there is a CVS right across the street, several restaurants within 1-2 blocks, and fast food too. The Caltrain is a little noisy if the windows are open, once it is closed, the sound proofing works pretty well, although if I strain my ears I still can hear the train roll by early in the morning.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from the railway track will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you complimented our staff. We strive to give the best guest service.
We appreciate and value your opinion.
I have forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping Supervisor to make sure that these interruptions would not occur again.
I had my maintenance engineer check on the Television Channels in the Fitness Room and correct the problem.
Our Internet service was just recently upgraded and we will be adding extra Bandwidth very soon.
We hope that you would give us another chance and visit us on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After a long drive from LA to SF for a family emergency on Sat 2/16/13, it was a delight to have a warm, friendly face greet and welcome us at around 6:00pm. I have to say it made a big difference. The rooms was really nice & the beds super comfortable. The morning breakfast was also a nice touch. It is great for everyone including families. Now I know where to stay as I commute to SF quite a bit. I highly recommend this place. Thanks guys for adding a bit of sunshine to my not so bright weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager, Francis. He was really helpful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear valued guest,
My staff & I thank you very much for taking the time to express your views regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We value your openion.
Thank you for the kind words.
We are very happy that you had an enjoyable stay. We are glad to hear that you would visit us again on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Best regards,
Genral Manager
Auberry, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was very tired after a long week of business traveling and this was my last night on the road. When I checked in I discovered I must have left my credit card at the resturant that I had eaten the previous evening. The hotel clerk inquired which resturant and he recognized it and without asking he looked up the phone number, called and handed me the phone and I was able to find and get my credit card back. The room is very nice. Extremely clean. Great hotel, great staff and great value. I will put this in my top hotels to stay when in this area!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank papamac56
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad that we were able to help you get your credit card back.
We look forward to have you as our guest on your next trip to the Bay Area.

General Manager.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

wow,i haven't stayed in this property but i will be this coming jan 18-20 and way too excited because of the overwhelming good reviews and Mr Samir's geniunely care for hotel's guest by responding to them one by one and taking time to look into their challenges.i've been to another Holiday Inn in L. A. but oh boy,they messed up my credit card and been with frontdesk for more than an hour for just a simple check in but didn't do anything to try to get back our business...Just excited to meet you, Mr Samir..

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear AnaMarie,

Thank your for your kind words.
We look forward to have you as our guests on the 18th.
Hope that we will meet and exceed your expectations.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoyed everything about this business stay. It was convenient to hwys, shops, food, etc. We were there Superbowl Weekend. Though it was a business trip, my husband flew in the later part of the trip and we went to a local restaurant and watched the Superbowl on the bar tv while eating a delicious Italian meal.

The hotel staff was always gracious and the breakfast was more than adequate. Parking was easy and due to the hotel's location, the room was quite and restful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your views regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We appreciate and value your opinion.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to have you as our guest again on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Samir Y. Mshasha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
LiA Hotel
LiA Hotel
#2 of 7 in San Carlos
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont? Share your experiences!