Motel 6 San Francisco - Redwood City
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed December 28, 2011

At the time I visited the place it was OK, nice and clean. It was some time ago, though.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Initially I was supposed to stay here from Oct 17-21 for a work related trip. I'm in front of the Oracle Complex, so I though it was going to ne a nice Hotel. WRONG! It looks like it has NEVER being renovated. The halls smell like something died there, carpets are way too dirty. Then I got into the room. OMG! Only a bed and a table. No fridge, no microwave. Alcatraz cells are more appealing! At least the sheets were clean. Then it happened: After a very busy Monday, I woke up on Tuesday (not feeling well, by the way) and THERE>>>WAS>>>>NO>>>HOT>>>WATER!!!!!! I can manage everything else, but no hot water is THE only thing I don't go with. I did checkout at 6:30 AM that Tuesday, went to the Travelodge in Millbrae...what a difference!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank pedro_orlando
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel was exteremly horrible if i would taken my children with me there is no way i would have stayed in this place even though everything was sold out it smelled horrible we had to go and buy air freshener for at least our room. no ice machines worked... the elevator was nasty and seemed to be falling apart... after being delayed 2 hours for my flight i was super tired and the staff was horrible... not friendly at all and no couresty to the fact it was late and i just wanted to get into my room...there is no microwave like shown in the pic and not as pretty as in the pictures. in order to use the iron you must leave your ID card untill u return it which i thought was dumb and the ironing board they gave u was dirty... also housekeep took my towels and didnt leave me new ones so when i called the front desk he said o okay well u can come down here and get some new ones i was like wow that is ridicolous that i had to go down there... so if u can i highly recommend u GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! this place was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cristina M
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Recently spent three nights here. Had stayed here multiple times before and not had a problem ... this time was different.

Woke up the first morning with a small bite on the top of my right foot. Didn't think too much of it. The next morning I had a large red bite area on the top of my left ankle ... it was very inflamed, swollen, and itchy. I hadn't seen any bed bugs or spiders so there wasn't much I could do but go about my day. On the final morning, I woke up to the sight of a rather large bedbug scurrying across the top of the bed next to my pillow. There were also about a half a dozen or so bites on my back and some small blood streaks on the white sheets down near my feet (where I had been bitten the previous 2 nights). As I was packing up my things and checking the bed to make sure I hadn't left anything behind, I picked up the second pillow on the bed and found another, slightly smaller, bedbug hiding underneath.

I reported the incident to the front office upon check-out. They comp'ed me one night's stay, but is that enough really? I am not sure what they plan to do to remedy the issue but it is quite unsettling to think that I had been sleeping with these nasty bugs feeding off of my blood. I have been itching like crazy all day and the swelling on my ankle has not gone down at all.

I'm not saying don't stay here because of this ... there is plenty of parking, decent location, and an overall ok value. But do check your beds when you first enter your room and demand another room if you find any evidence of these insects!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank S O
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Arriving after midnight I found out that my so-called guaranteed room had been given away. So much for using your credit card to reserve a room. When it became clear that I was not leaving the clerk 'found' a room, but the room had a broken lock on the door (I fiddled around with it and finally got the door to close but was unsure of my security), smelled like old gym socks mixed with cigarettes and had a sopping wet floor in one corner. However, the sheets were clean and the AC worked so I slept well. I have stayed here before and it was a typical Motel 6 experience: cheap and adequate. I recommend you call and confirm your reservation if you are going to be late.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation if you are arriving late.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SM771
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had called to pre arrange a 3rd party billing for my clients, I spoke to the hotels front desk clerk “Prita” I explained what I needed and she assured me it could be done, I proceeded to fill out the form and faxed it back to the hotel in a timely manner as she requested. When my clients arrive they were told that they could not accept my corporate credit card and was turned away unless they paid cash, this put my clients in a very difficult situation as there were no other hotels in the area due to a function going on in that town over those days. This hotel is not recommended as they will tell you one thing and then do another!
THEY CANNOT BE TRUST AND YOU WILL BE LET DOWN

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank sande l
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was driving from Oregon and my entire plan for the day was to get past San Francisco and stop at the first Motel 6 I saw to sleep before I was too tired and starting to fall asleep at the wheel.
This is the first one I saw. It is a reasonable distance south of SF. It was clean and very quiet. This is not a 4 star hotel, but the sheets were hotel quality. The towels were clean and abundant. And, the price was reasonable. It is a very large property and has a pool and a jacuzzi. also clean.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating with one exception on the phone but I failed to get his name and when I called back, I spoke with another friendly person who was helpful.
Small problems, the toilet in my room flushed verrrrrry slowly. the single ice machine for my building, out of ice at 8PM and 10PM. The only smack and soda machines were in another building near the pool, for the whole complex and all were overpriced.
It was functional for my purposes that night and if I am in the same situation again, I might stay at that or another Motel 6 because clean and quiet are just fine when you are too tired to continue driving.
High speed internet and wifi at a cost. Ridiculous.
Bed very comfortable, bedding cheap, air conditioning made bedding superfluous, the sheet was good and enough.

Room Tip: There are no really good views that I could see however I couldn't hear anything from any other...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FastFlo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont
#5 of 17 in Redwood City
Motel 6 San Francisco Downtown
Motel 6 San Francisco Downtown
#153 of 230 in San Francisco

Been to Motel 6 San Francisco - Redwood City? Share your experiences!