Motel 6 San Francisco - Redwood City
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Belmont(Belmont)
View Hotel
All reviewsrecently stayed heresan mateofront officepetsbayrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Arriving after midnight I found out that my so-called guaranteed room had been given away. So much for using your credit card to reserve a room. When it became clear that I was not leaving the clerk 'found' a room, but the room had a broken lock on the door (I fiddled around with it and finally got the door to close but was unsure of my security), smelled like old gym socks mixed with cigarettes and had a sopping wet floor in one corner. However, the sheets were clean and the AC worked so I slept well. I have stayed here before and it was a typical Motel 6 experience: cheap and adequate. I recommend you call and confirm your reservation if you are going to be late.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation if you are arriving late.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SM771
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had called to pre arrange a 3rd party billing for my clients, I spoke to the hotels front desk clerk “Prita” I explained what I needed and she assured me it could be done, I proceeded to fill out the form and faxed it back to the hotel in a timely manner as she requested. When my clients arrive they were told that they could not accept my corporate credit card and was turned away unless they paid cash, this put my clients in a very difficult situation as there were no other hotels in the area due to a function going on in that town over those days. This hotel is not recommended as they will tell you one thing and then do another!
THEY CANNOT BE TRUST AND YOU WILL BE LET DOWN

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank sande l
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was driving from Oregon and my entire plan for the day was to get past San Francisco and stop at the first Motel 6 I saw to sleep before I was too tired and starting to fall asleep at the wheel.
This is the first one I saw. It is a reasonable distance south of SF. It was clean and very quiet. This is not a 4 star hotel, but the sheets were hotel quality. The towels were clean and abundant. And, the price was reasonable. It is a very large property and has a pool and a jacuzzi. also clean.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating with one exception on the phone but I failed to get his name and when I called back, I spoke with another friendly person who was helpful.
Small problems, the toilet in my room flushed verrrrrry slowly. the single ice machine for my building, out of ice at 8PM and 10PM. The only smack and soda machines were in another building near the pool, for the whole complex and all were overpriced.
It was functional for my purposes that night and if I am in the same situation again, I might stay at that or another Motel 6 because clean and quiet are just fine when you are too tired to continue driving.
High speed internet and wifi at a cost. Ridiculous.
Bed very comfortable, bedding cheap, air conditioning made bedding superfluous, the sheet was good and enough.

Room Tip: There are no really good views that I could see however I couldn't hear anything from any other room in building C.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FastFlo
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Usually I don't write reviews, good or bad. I have stayed at M6s lots of times and due to the bad economy, I have to resort staying at budget hotels for my business travels. I am not very picky and I know what to expect, but this place is by far the worst out there. It took the front desk guy almost 20 minutes to check me in. He just had no idea what he was doing. As soon as you enter the hotel the smell is horendous. The room seemed ok at first, but as soon as the shoes came off my white socks started to turn black almost immediately. The bathroom smelled like something died in there. The next thing that got me was the internet speed. It was virtually non existent. I measured it a few times (0.01mbs!). And I paid for that? My complaints went unanswered. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this dump. I just hope I didn't pick up any diseases while touching things.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Roar1234566
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Upon arrival was greeted promptly, this is the only good thing to say..
Everythiong was downhill from there, the room reaked of smoek from cigs. The hotel was supposed to be non smoking. My wife and I dropped off our luggage and proceeded to go to our daughters college. Returning later that even 8:30pm went into room, and folded down bead spread, to our surprise found Dried blood on blankets. there was also dried bron substance on bathroom light switches. Contacted front desk and asked for a new room, was told a call back would be made 1/2 passed and no call from front desk. Eventually booked at another hotel. Discusting....!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple