“Only order small plates”
Review of Iberia Restaurant

Iberia Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 78 Restaurants in Belmont
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

My son suggested we go and get the paella. Don't bother. Other reviewers are right. Overpriced, over cooked, over-hyped. However, the scallops on the small plate were excellent. My husband ordered the fabaca, which was just okay. With the service charge of 19 plus percent, listed at the bottom of the menu, plus tax brought our meals to $85 for the two of us. That's with no drinks ordered. If we ever go again, we will only get the tapas. Forget the paella. Just a rather disappointing experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

While I found this restaurant to be a little pricey the Tapas were very authentic and really really tasty. Take note. A service charge is included on your bill.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018

My husband and I went to this restaurant recently, and were looking forward to it since we live right around the corner and it looked nice.

The food and drinks were of a reasonable quality, but quite expensive. The atmosphere and the service was totally fine. Our issue was that the restaurant slaps a mandatory 20% tip on the bill. When we mentioned we didn't realize that we were not aware of this (due mainly to the fact that no other restaurant that we've been to in the area does this for small parties), he mentioned that it was on the menu.

They were completely unwilling to negotiate, so we told them we were not happy, and left. We will not be back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017

This is a small restaurant with excellent food and service. I highly recommend it. It has a very pleasant ambiance with great Tapas.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I
Visited my parents for the holidays and to our surprise Iberia’s new location is just 1 mile away. The restaurant has a cozy yet plush ambiance with a beautiful bar area. The owner/executive chef was kind enough to make accommodations for the 4 of us on a busy Saturday. The menu is extensive. The service was friendly and attentive m. The hits were the bread basket, worth the $5.00. The sardine, gambas (shrimp), trotter & tripe, canelon, egg spinach tapas, and almond orange cake were delicious. The disappoints were unfortunately what we all wanted. We ordered two servings of the grilled octopus. The portion size was amazing, however the octopus was cold, extremely dry and tough. Nearly inedible. Not what we expected from such a restaurant. They graciously apologized and took it off the bill. All being said, we had an enjoyable Christmas dinner. I would recommend during the winter months allowing patrons with a 5:30 reservation to wait at the beautiful bar for their table, rather than standing outside in the elements.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Iberia Restaurant? Share your experiences!