HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
$86
Motel 6
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Belmont Redwood Shores(Belmont)(Great Value!)
$204
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont(Belmont)(Great Value!)
$271
Hotels.com
$191
$185
Hotels.com
$120
Hotel Belmont(Belmont)
$130
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$93
$141
$127
Agoda.com
Pullman San Francisco Bay(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$149
$143
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtliving roomnice lakewalk in closetno elevatoromelet barsan carlosoffice parkan extended staybusiness tripground floorsilicon valleyquiet locationcomplimentary breakfastgreat propertyhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2009

There must have been some road realignment in this area. Our Garmin navigation system became confused once we got off the freeway here. After half a dozen wrong turns we stumbled upon it. We arrived a little early so our room wasn't ready. When we finally were allowed to check in, to our surprise, we received an upgrade to a two bed/two bath suite! Sweet!

The property was located about two miles from the Belmont CALTRAIN station so getting into SF was a breeze. The complementary breakfast was superb and the food served during the social hour was fine. The best thing about it was the price - free! The property has a courtyard with picnic tables and barbecue grills -- nice touch. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the SF area.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2008

A great place for long stay or families.

The triple suite we booked for our young family was probably one of the best suites we've ever stayed in.

This hotel has just been expertly refurbished and is fabulous. Even the kids got excited about the rooms and facilities.

Very high spec brand new kitchen with all new appliances, beautiful quality bed linen, DVD player, 2 bathrooms and a living room....and a lovely view over a lake.

Easy access to Oracle (walking distance) and the 101 freeway in just 5 mins but we had no traffic noise at all from our rooms.

The pool was very clean and well maintained...but a little cool for comfort.
The hot tub was a little too hot so our kids wouldn't go in it.
Basketball court and laundry room. A real home from home and perfect for families.

Would highly recommend and is now where we would stay on every visit to the Bay Area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We really liked this hotel. It had everything that we needed and if there were any problems than they were pretty quick on fixing them. The problem I am having is now I am trying to book for Christmas and have completely gotten the run around on the rates. I found that I was paying more for my room than my brother and I called and was told that because he was staying two days less than his rate was cheaper. The rate is not based on a nightly amount it is based on length of stay so beware! Even after I persuaded them to give me the lower rate, I called to add a few extra days and they have no record of the new lower rate. I had to e-mail them my confirmation to prove what the new rate was so again beware of the rate change game they are playing. It is a shame because it is a great hotel!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Stayed in a 2 bedroom (2 King, 1 Queen sofabed) unit on the 3rd floor for 2 nights with 6 family members. The unit can accomodate 6 persons but I would only recommend 4 at most because all the furniture is new but oversized for the space. We found that we had to twist sideways to get into some parts of the rooms. We found this place difficult to find and circled by Oracle HQ and Belmont a bit before we found the right street.

Also request something on lower floors if you don't want to carry your luggage up 3 flights of stairs - no elevators.

I think this place has finished most of its renovation but the signage still has the old Wyndham green colors. The carpet was already pretty dirty for being a newly renovated unit.

The kitchen doesn't have a cutting board or knife so it's difficult to cook anything from scratch. It's really meant to reheat frozen dinners or pizza.

The bed was comfy and clean. Housekeeping didn't knock until after 3:30 (after we'd been out for most of the day) so we didn't get fresh towels.

The AC worked fine but is noisier than most places when it's on.

The breakfast area is big and well attended. The manager's social (5:30 - 7) was surprisingly okay but the beer was extremely watered down.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I got this reservation through Priceline. The location is good just south of HWY 92 and San Mateo. The hotel is very typical of a Hyatt Summerfield suites which is similar to a resident's Inn by Marriott. We had a 1 bedroom "apartment" basically with full kitchen and king in he bedroom. Large closet with full bath. Nice work area in the living room and fold out sofa.

The hotel is just finishing the remodeling and our room was just redone. It is nice, but nothing high end. Definitely comfortable.

It is like an apartment, so be sure to ask for 1st floor if you don' want to walk up stairs. also,the doors are on the outside, so if you are worried about security, this isn't the hotel for you.

All that said, my experience was poor from the get go. There was only one person at the desk both at checkin and checkout. The phone was ringing (loud) the whole time I was waiting in the lobby with the front desk clerk trying to juggle the person in front of me, the phone and then me. It took about 15 minutes to check in at 10:00 on a Friday night. It took about 20 minutes to check out the next morning.

The biggest problem however was that my shower didn't work. The little pull tab which takes the water up to the shower head was no where to be found (how could they have cleaned my shower without running the shower head??). We were able to stick some soap up in the facet to get the shower on, and took our shower that way. I called the front desk when we first noticed the problem in the morning. They were very nice, but didn't have any immediate answer. When I checked out, I reminded the staff about my problem, and other than an "I'm sorry, we'll look into that", there was no better answer. They looked at my reservation and since I was on priceline, they didn't offer me anything. I pushed and said that it was unsatisfactory, but they said there was nothing they could do.

While the staff (the two people I talked with) were very nice, it was clear both in the clutter of the front office as well as my overall experience that this hotel is not run as a tight ship. I'm guessing they try to get by short staffed and that reflects on the quality of the room and service.

I can't recommend this hotel. There are many other good choices in the area that I would go for first.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple