There are a lot of little things to not like about this hotel and at least one really big reason to COME STAY HERE. When we stayed December 2013 and January 2014, the lobby was under renovation (website said would be finished before we arrived). There was no lobby bathroom to use and we had to borrow the manager's hotel room bathroom (awkward but I was grateful). We found 3-small ants in our first room. The walls were thin enough we could hear snoring on one side and SpongeBob on the other. The parking lot has few entrances and is difficult to maneuver around in a larger car. Pool is "heated" but is still chilly, even for determined kids and there is no hot tub. Breakfast room was crowded. Coffee is deeply and truly awful; thin and bitter. Food was copious and diverse but much of it uninspiring (i.e. eggs and pastries). The sheets are snuggly but the beds are uncomfortably hard and blankets few. Fans in the bathroom are loud enough to wake the dead and light switches are like playing Simon. One of the air-conditioning units in the courtyard appears to be preparing to launch into space. Small details, such as cheap plastic, scratched interior doors and the exterior door that had to be body slammed to open added up to a feeling of not-quite-awesome. HOWEVER ALL front desk staff at this hotel are phenomenal (ALL!). They were willing to go the extra mile; helpful without being artificial. Sincerely apologetic for inconveniences; they offered every possible option when we asked about the ants; deep cleaning, spraying, moving us ... whatever they could do. Having a kitchen is a nice convenience and the suites are real suites (not a bed with a couch next to it), the location is very convenient, the bacon was thick and savory, and the desk staff are such funny, friendly and helpful people I WOULD stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Cancelon so you can book your HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Belmont/Redwood Shores Hotel Belmont
- Hyatt Belmont Redwood Shores
- Summerfield Suites Belmont Ca
- Belmont Hyatt
- Belmont Summerfield Suites