“Now called Hyatt Place. I think it's a little better.”

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
New Hampshire
“Now called Hyatt Place. I think it's a little better.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stay here fairly often on business trips. This hotel had gone from an affiliation with Wyndham to Hyatt and now is branded as a Hyatt Place property.

It is really no different, though the free breakfast seems a bit better, the coffee is Starbucks now.

It is not a luxury hotel - no fancy lobby or restaurant; it now has room service for lunch and dinner-- I did not try it. This is a pretty decent suite hotel with kitchen and living room, ok fitness center, no elevator.

Room Tip: I actually found the rooms in the main building to be pretty convenient.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. From January 2nd 2012 till January 8th. Suites were clean. Complimentary breakfast was far better that what I had expected. Breakfast buffet had eggs, bacon or sausage, cereals, breads, fruits, juices, coffee and sodas. They have evening socials on weekdays. One can have complimentary wine/beer/juice plus some food. Never got a chance to try it though. Facility has a laundry room which is convenient. Front desk was helpful. Food can be ordered to be delivered to the room. Wifi works fine and its free. There is a small gym and a pool too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hsprabhu
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to post your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and I hope to see you again soon. Please contact me if you need any assistance when coming back to the area.
Reno
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here in December for only one night but I wish it would have been longer. We had a two bedroom two bathroom suite for my family and another family traveling with us. The room is honestly like a big apartment with high end amenities. The beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were all done in granite and had walk in closets. The kitchen was a perfect size and also done in beautiful woods and granite. The morning breakfast buffet was fantastic. Many different choices in their nice lobby area. The kids loved it! I would highly recommend this property and will stay here again if given the chance.

Room Tip: Two bedrooms suites are great for larger families.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for all of your kind words! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We try to not only meet but exceed your expectations so it is rewarding to read these comments. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back!
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with two kids. Nice to have 2 clean bathrooms. The breakfast buffet was adequate, but not astounding - standard "neat" omlettes, cereals and breakfast meat. The staff was friendly. I don't recommend the 3rd floor - too high to climb the stairs w/o an elevator.

Going out to breakfast would have cost at least $50, to with the AAA rate, ~$100/nite was a good value for us.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked a "trio" suite for me and my three teenage boys. The suite was perfect for our needs! One room with a king bed/bath and one with two queens/bath. Add in a fold out couch in the living area and it was the first trip that someone didn't need to share a bed.

The kitchen allowed us to save money on meals. Cooked dinner the first night before realizing that we could have enjoyed the social (soup, salad seems to be constant with nightly changes to the main "appetizer" - easily can be dinner if you so choose). The complimentary breakfast was perfect and filling before our days sightseeing in San Francisco.

We commuted the short 9 miles to the Millbrae bart station each morning and ventured into the city using public transportation. The staff was super helpful, the room spotless, the grounds maintained, and the location perfect for our needs. I would stay here again should we decide to visit San Francisco again.

Thank you Hyatt Summerfield Suites Belmont/Redwood Shores! You guys rock!

Room Tip: Book the "trio" if you have kids older than 12. You won't regret it.
1 Thank Sarah O
Redding, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stayed here the weekend before Thanksgiving 2011 and had a very nice stay. I booked on Priceline and paid $112/night. Includes a decent breakfast (w/ Starbucks coffee) and free parking, no hidden fees or surcharges. Our room was a nice suite which was clean and pleasant, tho some of the "living room" furniture showed a little wear. The staff (Nisheet) was very nice and helpful. I think our two-room suite had been recently upgraded with modern colors, granite countertops, a full kitchen, etc. There is a walking trail next to the hotel and I felt safe in the area. I would stay there again, especially for the price we got! Not sure I would pay $200/night. Good experience overall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We in our course of business use a lot of various extended stay hotels of different brands and without a doubt this is the favorite of everyone in our company.

From driving up, check in, suites and food service it is truly a great experience. And the quality not only of the property but the staff is far above expectations.

The only problem for us is that we are spoiled!

For those who are considering a long term stay the sales manager Sophia is extremely capable in making arrangements and making sure that any wishes are taken care of.

Room Tip: have not had a bad room yet!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!