“Excellent burgers” 4 of 5 bubbles

Godfather's Burger Lounge
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Description: Godfather's Burger Lounge offers gourmet American cuisine with an elegant European twist. Come enjoy one of our delicious grass-fed burgers.
Belmont, California
“Excellent burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is really good, however it gets crowded quickly and service can be slow.l godfathers is a good choice if you arrive early.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
“Great Burger place with a bit of New Media”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very nice burgers about 10 bucks, easily splittable if a couple. Nice music and slides on TV. Wear a black shirt...you'll fit in.

Visited January 2014
Woodside, California
“Too much of a good thing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This restaurant serves certified angus beef burgers, grass-fed, antibiotic and hormone-free. This is why we went there. Besides burgers, they offer appetizers, salads, a variety of fries, wine, and beer. My wife and I each had the Director's cut mushroom burger. It included a 1/2 pound burger, Boulanger sesame bun, crisp onion straws, sliced red onion, sautéed mushrooms, cheese, lettuce, special sauce and a large helping of fries. On the critical side, one burger/fries plate was more than sufficient to feed two people. Really BIG portions!! Also, the burger desperately needed salt, BEFORE it was served. At $11 each, plus coffee and tip, our problem was not so much with the price, as with being overwhelmed by the portions. If we return, we will opt for the angus sliders....much smaller. Not really recommended by us.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flitzer170
San Carlos, California
“Burgers to Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My mom took me out for my birthday lunch and I couldn't have picked a better restaurant. We were greeted warmly and seated as quickly as possible. The place was packed at 1:30. The restaurant is cozy and quaint with lots of movie memorabilia on the walls. I love the black and white photos in the ladies bathroom.

The food was fantastic. I had the Soprano's Ultimate Burger with grass-fed Angus beef, sauteed mushrooms, cheese and I swapped the bacon for avocado. Moist, juicy and delicious! Also good proportions -- I've gotten burgers that are so huge I can't even fit them into my mouth. I like big burgers that you have to hold in two hands but sized appropriately so that you can bite into all the good stuff at one time. This was one of those burgers. The meal was topped off with one of our faves, sweet potato fries, although the other options -- cheese fries, truffle fries or onion rings -- sound good as well. They offer salads and kids meals, too.

The management was friendly and gracious. He identified us as newcomers and invited us to come back, which we definitely will!

• Visited November 2013
Degerhamn
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Definitely a cut above your average burger joint! While I was there for dinner, there was a constant stream of families and couples who were obviously regular customers. The place prides itself on its 100% Angus beef, but I opted for a crab burger with french fries. The crab burger was terrific, bursting with flavor - I am sure the critter had still been crawling around in the ocean that morning. As an old New Englander who loves her seafood, this crab burger was tops! And the french fries were the best I have ever tasted. Waitress was attentive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aleks T, Owner at Godfather's Burger Lounge, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I'm proud to hear that we were able to impress a New Englander with our crab! Hope to see you back for more this summer.

All the best,