“Needs an update”

Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Bellflower
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Needs an update”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We have been driving by this place for years and always wanted to try it. It is very cozy and our waitress was quite friendly. We ordered chicken parm and fettuccine alfredo. The chicken was on par with a frozen dinner. My husband described his fettuccine as good, but Olive Garden's version is way better. The restaurant itself was very clean but is in desperate need of a makeover. We did enjoy the music which was a lot of Dean Martin and the like. Overall we will not be back because of the food.

Los Angeles, California
“Family owned and operated”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have been eating here since I was 3 years Old and love it! From the bread to salad, soup, pasta and pizza this Italian is the best around. Owned and operated by the Marino family you won't find fresher Italian anywhere in this area!

Bellflower, California
“Skip the chain 'Italian' restaurants, eat the genuine stuff!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've driven by this restaurant for 8 years & never thought of going in. Had dinner there on the recommendation of long time residents of Bellflower. WOW - what a gem!! Large servings, authentic Italian taste!! Meals come with salad and Minestrone soup (both served family style). We've gone a second time, this time with our kids (both under 10 years old) and we all loved it. Lunch during the week only (according to website).
Personally, I'm not a fan of the garlic bread, but the rest of the family likes it.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank TheMomfromCali
Lakewood,CA
“The best, most addictive, Italian eatery you will ever visit”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

You will love the red sauce! It's a modestly priced and generous restaurant tucked into an almost secret location in a Bellflower suburb. But, once you enter you are greeted by the staff, provided with wine immediately, and served some delightful garlic cheese bread. All dinners are served with a separate soup and salad course. They bring the salad in a big wooden bowl and toss if for you and hand you chilled plates and forks. The soup is a very simple homestyle stew. It feels like home. I recommend the pasta with artichoke hearts, because I love the way they pan fry breaded artichokes and serve them over pasta with the delightful red tomato sauce and fettucini. I also enjoy the shrimp scampi with scallops. With the simple yet varied menu selections you simply cannot go wrong even the most finicky diner. I live nearby, and love to visit as often as I can.

Claremont
“Standard fare, done exceptionally well”
Reviewed April 21, 2008

THE BEST RED SAUCE IN LA. Soup and salad are good but nothing special. Did I mention the red sauce is tremendous? Great flavor, not acidic, fresh tasting. Also, the meatballs are flavorful and light. Sausage is very tasty and doesn't taste like it has been warming in water for hours. Pizza is also VERY good. I love this place for traditional red checker dishes, prepared exceptionally well and without high price or fanfare.