“Good food, good service & fun” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnny Rebs' Southern Roadhouse

Johnny Rebs' Southern Roadhouse
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Bellflower
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Homemade cookin' and southern hospitality! At Johnny Rebs' we strive to give you an authentic homemade meal and make you feel at home. In business since 1984, we have been fillin' bellies and painting smiles in Southern California and look forward to pleasing more folks like y'all with each new day!! Come visit us and see what all of our current friends and family are buzzing about!"Put Some South in Your Mouth!"
Murrieta, California, United States
“Good food, good service & fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were looking for place to eat before attending the Bellflower Civic Chorus & this place caught our eye with diners eating out on a patio. So glad we tried it as our sliders & coleslaw were very good. There are buckets of peanuts on the tables & they show old movies on their walls, really fun. My husband, who is handicapped had no problems & the staff checked back with us many times to make sure all was okay. Will definitely try again when in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yvonne M

Bellflower, California
“Fun Place - Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have eaten lunch here many times. Food is always great and the atmosphere is unique. Good service and nice people

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Harry D
Whittier, California
“A neat place to eat when in Bellflower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife had a doctor's appt.in Downey so we headed to Bellflower to Johnny Reb's for dinner afterwards .
I always enjoy their BBQ but I wanted to try something new so I tried the Jambalaya it was pretty good but sure was spicy for a mild manner guy like me. I thought I was going to get 2 sides with that but was told sides do not come with Jambalaya. I would still go back for dinner or breakfast anytime because the food is still really good although next time I will stay inside in the evening because the patio gets a bit chilly.

Overall it is still worth the trip and you do get plenty to eat (we still have peach cobbler in the frig)
I always enjoy throwing peanut shells on the floor

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank s3production
Long Beach, CA
“Best restaurant, but better beware of other joints in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a family dinner for my son's birthday, so JRs was the b-day boy's pick. We sat in the patio, which was quite nice.

Drink orders were taken quickly and our water all around was delivered quickly. We ordered dinner and a couple of beers, but when my son asked for rootbeer after the beers came he was ignored. We had to ask two more times before they brought b-day boy a bottle.

Food came out quickly, but delivered by other than our waiter so we had to direct the placement of food (quirk of mine to differentiate between quality of restaurant). The food was generally average BBQ. My son was very happy with his whole rack of ribs. His grandpa picked up what was probably a $150 check for seven of us.

My biggest complaint was the sides. This is more for owners than deciding whether to go. The fries and sweetpotatoe fries were ample portions, but the mashed potatoe serving was this little 1/4 cup with a dribble of gravy. At a southern BBQ place, you have to pile on mashed potatoes. One of the problems with the sides is the tiny dishes they are served in. They work for coleslaw, but definitely not adequate for mashed potatoes and gravy. Also, the salad was adequate portion, but in the tiny dish you couldn't eat it without spilling over sides...forget stirring to distribute dressing.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LGB-Local
Long Beach, CA
“Best Place in town for true Southern cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you like fried okra this is the place to get it. The fried catfish is perfect. Just like back home in Mississippi. The collard greens are not to be missed. This not the healthiest fare, but it sure makes a good treat when you want some down home cooking.

• Visited June 2013