“Superb Location, Service and Price”

Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bell Gardens
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a frequent traveler to LA/Hollywood/Commerce for both business and pleasure, I'm constantly expanding my base of hotels and places to stay depending on the needs of the trip. Every time I come to commerce, I stay at Commerce Casino. Last few visits, I have tried Bicycle Casino. Great small poker casino. This hotel is right across it. WOW, Hugh plus.

I'm glad I had the recent opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn, not only due to its convenient location for my purposes, but also for its value and decent service.

Rooms were fairly clean, price was fair, and Checkin was exceptionally friendly and we had only booked for one night as it was busy the second night but they were able to fit us in which was great. Not much more to ask when you're going to be spending minimal time in your room but need a solid place to sleep and refresh. I never tried their free breakfast, but it was full house in the morning.

We will be sure to add this hotel to our list as a top value place to stay when I’m back in Los Angeles.

BTW, Tripadvisor sticker on the front entrance door made me write this review. signs states, "recently reveiwed on tripadvisor" Please Rate this hotel

Room Tip: Room in back side are Wonderful, away from the main street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager139, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your experiences here at our hotel. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. Again, Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with our hotel and team. We know that travel can be stressful even when everything goes according to plan. We want all our guests to be happy that they chose to stay with us and do everything we can to exceed their expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Best Regards,
Nash Shah
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had enjoyed our great comfortable two nights at Comfort Inn in Bell gardens. Staff was very friendly, great room, comfortable bed and clean bathroom. We were there with our kids, they enjoyed their waffles and eggs in the free breakfast. Overall, great experience. Check in/out is very fast with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Pool Side view is awesome
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lexux H
Manager139, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites – Bell Gardens. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, facilities in our hotel and the surrounding areas. I particularly appreciated the remarks about the service being exceptional and attentive.

Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Nash Shah
Director of Operations

Reviewed November 27, 2012

i had ants in my room. The hotel is rundown and needs major remodeling. The carpet is old and nasty. had bad odor! Will not ever stay there again. Stayed in August 2012. recommend to avoid property....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manager139, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2015

Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your experiences here at our hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Comfort Inn & Suites, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

I would like to address few things that you have stated in this review:
You mentioned it took GM to respond 2 weeks to send generic response with CC authorization. (We received your original email 12/11/2014 and we responded back to you with CC authorization form on 12/15/2014. You responded back with filled out CC authorization on 12/16/2014. GM responded back to you with all valid confirmations on 12/17/2014. On 12/30/2014, you sent email to hotel to cancelling room. Which was confirmed by hotel.)
Mr. Chris G., hotel always stayed on top of you group reservation from day one. As you are aware, we have also gave you full refund for one of the room. That room was totally comp. You were sent receipt for all rooms charges and refund and you've acknowledged this and thanked us for it.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel August 6th-9th, 2012. This hotel is infested with bed bugs. The hotel is on the bed bug registry under a different name "The Ramada limited suites bell gardens". Do your homework and research it before you stay! During my stay I woke up with bites on my legs but didn't know what it was. I did see a bug but at the time I didn't know what it was. I unknowingly brought a bug home in my luggage and now have a small infestation in my house! I am positive that they are aware of the problem after reading reviews and researching. this location. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where the bugs came from! It is going to cost me a small fortune to rid my home of the bed bugs and the hotel is taking no responsibility. Don't be like me and end up with a costly and gross infestation from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jc5432
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Im writing this review while still in the bug infested room. When we got here last night, everything seemed fine. It´s a Comfort Inn so I was not expecting much, the only hotel we found in the area, since we were visiting friends. Last minute trip. We got to the room, which is very large and decently appointed, everything was fine. Friends got in the shower and I log in to trip advisor, only to discovery the terrible reviews for this hotel!!! As I was reading down the reviews, I started feeling bugs everywhere, took the sheet off the bed and there they were!!! Fleas and bugs on the bed!!! Front desk clerk acted surprised when we told her about the bugs, and she claim she had never heard a client complain about that. It was around 10PM. She said they change the bedding every day, and noone was there to change the sheets, so we came out of the front desk with "clean sheets" and we changed the bedding ourselves.
Next morning (as I am typing the review), my friend wakes up and she has bites all over her body!!!!! Front desk clerk gave her alcohol, cotton and a medication. Bathtub is disgusting, it´s worn out and seems like it´s never been serviced or replaced.
It´s the first time I experience something this disgusting in a property, and only because it was a last minute trip and I had no chance to read the reviews of the property... until I was laying down on the bug infested bed....
We had a 2 king bedroom, which was really big and comfy... except for the bugs...
I would not recommend anyone to stay here. If management does not do anything to fight the bugs, I think there is no reason why for guest to stay here, as they don´t care about their customers. I just hope I don´t bring the bugs back home!!!! Ugh!!!! I´m afraid of taking a shower in their nasty bathtub!!!! DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dreamer8313
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I went to California to visit some family. I booked a room here previously to arriving. They did not take Debit/Credit cards which was wierd, but they did take cash. I thought the rooms were very spacious however their cleaning left much to be desired. You could see the dirt stains under the bathroom sink and hallways had dirty carpet and stains. Breakfast had a good selection but eggs were cold and sausage was at room temp. We did enjoy the pool even though I got stuck with glass while walking in the pool. Hot tub had what seemed to be a condom inside but pool was very clean. Parking is hard to find even handicap spaces since they get taken by random people from the night club next door. If I were to come back to party it would be a good place, but not while visiting with the family although it could be cleaner and more taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After reading the reviews I was a little nervous staying here. The area is not a tourist area so if you were hoping to be close to parks this is not the place.
The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful when I needed some help. Would I stay again? Probably not because the stay was dictated by the event we were attending. Nothing bad to say about this place and it was priced well.

Room Tip: As noted by other travelers-back side or side not front across from the Bicycle Casino
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens? Share your experiences!