“Wow!”

LA Casita Mexicana
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Bell
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great food specially the mole de pistachio. It's hard to discernible the flavor. The ambience and the attention is great.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed and embarrassed to take a guest to this restaurant. It was also my first time and last.

I know about Moles and what I tried was something else. I ordered The 3 moles dish. Very disappointed. My friend ordered fish since he enjoys good fish. Unfortunately the Filete de Pescado a la Veracruzana was horrible! The fish tasted and felt like eating flavorless mush potatoes.

Chips and lemonade was good.

MD

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a very good experience at La Casita last Saturday. They do not take reservations on weekends so we got there and there were people outside waiting (there is no place inside to wait, it is a small place). We were told it would be about 25 minutes and in 27 minutes, we were seated. As we waited, they have a gift shop to peruse. The area is not the best, but it is safe. Once inside we had great service and great food. Even though it was busy and every table remained full, we were never rushed nor did we every need anything. There were 5 of us and we split a couple of appetizers - we especially loved the taquitos. Even the complementary chips with the 3 moles were great. I had the traditional Chicken Mole Poblano - there was a chicken leg with bone and then lots of white meat covered with the mole. Their mole is very thick and chocolatey. Everyone liked their food. For 5 people with beers (they only have beer and wine), 2 apps, 5 dinners our bill was $115.00 - very reasonable.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to La Casita Mexicana several years ago and have always wanted to return. We went for dinner and we were sorely disappointed. The menu had changed. It was much larger than our last visit. Our waiter was great and the first course of lentil soup was delicious. We ordered an Azteca cheese fondue that came with house made tortillas, it was nicely presented, wrapped in a plantain leaf. It was rather bland, very rich and nothing special. Then came our main courses. I ordered the enmoladas with cheese, covered in mole. The cheese inside my enchiladas was dry, flaky - almost powdery and so salty, that I had 2 bites and left the rest. Unfortunately, my husband ordered the same thing, but with chicken inside. The chicken was also flaky and dry, like it had been dehydrated, and way over salted. He could not eat his either. Our son ordered the mushroom and cactus relleno which had zero taste, no salt and very soggy vegetables. He ate a few bites and left the rest. I'm not sure why we tried dessert, but perhaps we were looking for something redeeming. We had the churros stuffed with caramel and they were good.

Our meal cost $74.00 before tip. Our main courses were so bad, we could not eat them.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Delicious.
I am one third way through the menu and have not been disappointed yet. I did not know about the ´famous´ side of it (what does not matter at all. I go there to eat and have a good time).
Quaint sized place, cute decoration, huge plates and delicious food (all courses!). Spanish is not needed but can be helpful.
The neighborhood is not a great one though, totally ´the hood´ - I carpool with my coworkers, and never had a problem or got concerned.