“Worth the trip”
Review of Restoran Waksal

Restoran Waksal
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Elva
Reviewed February 17, 2019

Took the trip from Tartu to Elva especially to visit this place. We arrived at a time when the place was not that busy. The place is set in the old railroad building and has a very cosy feel to it. The missus had a slow cooked beetroot burger that was lovely, full of flavor, earthy and delicious. They took that beetroot to a whole other dimension for me! I had the slow cooked smoky ribs, which were also very delicious. They were not drenched in some "smoky sauce" either, they were actually slowcooked and smoked in a special oven meant for smoking. I sh*t you not, it was the best piece of rib I have tasted so far in my life. Delicious subtle smokiness, meat falling from the bone, glazed with blackcurrants, served with salsa. Perfect! I recommend the onion jam and the potato mix to go with it, damn good fries, damn good jam. The dessert was a chocolate fondant, nicely cooked, definitely a fondant, delicious. I give 4 stars only because the waitress forgot to bring us coffee with the order, but hey, the restaurant got extremely busy after we had ordered our mains, so I can forgive her that, as she had to tend to the entire restaurant alone, while managing to stay composed and very friendly and polite. Definitely worth the trip.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place! Very tasty! Very good atmosthere, very cosy.
Very very tasty!
Nice service! :))))))

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Location in old railway station adds a lot of charm to the place. Newly and tastefully renovated buiding is still used as a station, restaurant is located at one end of it. Nice service, tasty food and a good at osphere work together to provide pleasant experience.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed April 18, 2018

We ate the daily offer. It was chicken with blue cheese and pineapple and potato-carrot mash, creme sauce, green salad, fresh bread. It was delicious. Only minus was the salad, which was two salad leaves. We also ordered coffee cake which was also very good. The service was quick and good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Had a duck fillet with orange sauce and green salad (different sprouts) - very nice. My partner had Karilatsi trout with kinoa and said: Splendid! Then we took the desserts: chocolate pudding with orange sauce (was a bit too thick and heavy for me, on the bottom a sponge cake layer) and raspberry meringue with a real thick vanilla cream and raspberry sauce. (The real vanilla sauce is a rare finding in Estonia!) Cappuccino had a nice thick foam and the green tea was splendid, too. Recommended restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Restoran Waksal? Share your experiences!