Tripadvisor
Waterdown
Post
Inbox
Search

“Worst customer service ever!”
Review of China Wok - CLOSED

China Wok
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went and got takeout for my wife’s birthday and bought about $50 worth and even though the service at this point wasn’t terrible, the lady in the front showed no courtesy either. When I got home I realized I ordered a wrong dish and we also ordered pork in red sauce. So I drove back and explained it to her (with other customers present) and she acted very rude about it. My wife forgot to pack the red sauce and the lady said in a loud voice where’s my red sauce there was a red sauce! I told her I would pay for the sauce and then I mentioned the pork in which she replied that’s the way I make it. I told her I had this before and it wasn’t like this (as we didn’t want the breaded ones) in which again she said that’s how I make it what do you want me to do about it and then went in the back talking Chinese in a angry voice. As she handed me the food I said thank you and she just looked at me. As I was leaving I said some people are rude in which she yelled what did you say? I told her she was very rude and accused me in front of other people of stealing a red sauce. She told me to go home and drink some more in which I took big offence as I had just gotten off work and was in my Law enforcement jacket. I told her myself or anyone in my family would never eat here again in in which she replied good. The food was average but the experience was terrible so please if you are looking for good food with a good experience stay far away from this place. I would gives this place a minus 5 star if I could.

Date of visit: January 2020

Reviewed August 11, 2019

with there being only two locations for Chinese food in Waterdown, there really isn't much to compare.
the food is fresh and fast. the family deals could offer more verity and the noodles need to be a little more tasty.

we will go back for sure, they just need to forget that there is no competition and try just a little harder.

FYI if you dont mind the extra time, burlington has a lot of great options.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019

The food is always fresh and delicious for a very affordable price. You give the order and then the cook starts the food. The time for takeout is always fast, about 5 minutes at the max.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2018

We order take out from the China Wok often for our family. We have never been disappointed. Order was ready on time. Food is fresh and delicious every time.

Janice

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

First time we ordered pu pu platter. Wings and ribs very dry and hard to chew. The wraps for the moo shoo were also dry and hard to separate.
Orders in the past were better.

Date of visit: October 2018