“While we’re not Indian ...”
Review of Indian hut

Indian hut
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Waterdown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While we’re not Indian, we’ve eaten extensively from Brampton, Markham and also experienced Indian food in Mumbai. So have had some excellent experiences. Overall we like having India Hut here and we’ve ordered several times. The butter chicken is really excellent and on par with the great stuff available in Brampton. Tasty, balanced, rich with great spices! That said some other items are less so. For example, we have found the naan inconsistent ranging from not great to fair. Samosas are pretty average also (and pricey) but we still enjoy. Staff is friendly and they do a good job ... we’ll continue going there and overall recommend that you try them!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

This is the best Indian food I have had in ages. I had tiki aloo to start- was full of flavour - delicious. Garlic naan bread was perfect. Butter chicken perfect
My husband had the mini Samosas to start unfortunately this was not as good as the rest of our meal they were dry and did not taste home made. My husband then had curry chicken which was full of spice and flavour. We shared a serving of basmati rice was done perfectly, the serving size is generous so go in hungry or be prepared to take home what you can’t eat. We will be returning. The service was quick but not rushed and the staff are friendly. I would give this restaurant 4 & 3/4 stars out of 5 for sure! I wish nothing but great success for this waterdown location.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Portions were very large and very good. My son and I had Chicken Curry and Chicken Tikka Marsala. Both had lots of chicken in them and fantastic flavor. We also had the mini samosa for an appetizer which were good. The Naan is authentic unlike some other Indian restaurants which serve something like what you would get in the grocery store. Definitely will go again. We had enough left over to do atleast two more meals.

Reviewed December 26, 2019

It’s all about the food, and it is fantastic! Layers of flavor, the way Indian food is when prepared carefully with love. And I’m pretty certain you will love it.

After several delicious lunches there, I brought home a feast for my daughters family. The looks on their faces as we ate could best be described as nirvana!

The service was always great, but THE FOOD!

Reviewed December 21, 2019

I’ve been to a lot of Indian restaurants, but this one is one of the best! Food was excellent, the people friendly, and the service was very good. The best Samosa’s I’ve had! My only negative was the music. It was too loud, and unless you love rap music it will drive you up the wall! I hope they change it , it spoils the atmosphere.