“Delightful hole-in-the-wall - some of the best Thai food I've had outside Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bua Siam

Bua Siam
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Langford
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I hesitate to write this review at all, as my friends who took us here consider it their personal treasure and don't want anyone else to know about it. But after sampling the food, I cannot in good conscience remain silent. Other people should know about this amazing food, but only pass it on to good people.

The food here is scrumptious. We had about six different dishes and each and every one was mouth-wateringly delicious. The Vegetarian Spring Rolls were gorgeous and probably some of the best I have ever had. They were lightly fried on the outside and still had wonderfully crisp veggies inside. It was clear that they had made everything by hand on sight. In terms of the mains, the agreed winner of the night was the Pangan curry. I'd never had that dish before but it was delightful. It was a cross between a Red curry and a Masaman, with a hint of coconut and just delightful. (NB: The one thing I would caution is that the curries were all on the creamier side, so some might want to be aware of that. A green curry and a red curry were also big hits. We had veggie pad thai and that was delightful. There was also a tofu salad (a variation on the lovely Chicken salad) that has a bit of spice and delightful flavor that keeps it from being dull. And the mango sticky rice is a "must do", so save some room for it if you can. The Thai Ice Tea was also quite respectable, but remember this is on the sweet and milky side. It works for me, but if you haven't had it before, don't be afraid -- but don't expect Lipton either! Our friends have also thoroughly enjoyed the set menus in the past, and they have a particular love of the potato and chicken soup. But it is spicy, so be prepared, but the flavor is totally worth it.

Not to mention, all of this gorgeous food is done in generous portions with fabulous service. So don't be afraid that this is in a bit of a strip mall and looks more like a hole in the wall. Suffice to say its excellent food, authentically prepared, is amazing value for money, I was shocked there weren't more people there, and I can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2012

perth
“great little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been to this restaurant a number of times, they have changed owners but food is still good and friendly service. A lot of people dont seem to know about this place as it is in a rundown shopping centre in Langford. I would recommend people to try it and I am sure they will return.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is hidden away in Langford, but definitely worth a visit. We've been there multiple times and order take away often. The restaurant is often empty of other diners, but don't be fooled, the food is exceptional western style Thai! The service has always been wonderful, the staff are helpful and come and check on us frequently, but not too often.
The price is reasonable, and pretty standard for what it is.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Lovely food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Lived in Langford for a while and never ventured to Bua Siam - glad we did!
Entrees were all a good size - ordered the scallops and garlic bread out of curiosity and got exactly what we ordered a little pot of very small scallops and garlic bread.
Mains were all a delight - try the pineapple rice it satisfied all our tastes. Bit disappointed with drunken noodle as it was a bit thin on veges. Green curry was good altho the accompanying rice was slow to appear even tho we were one of two tables in the restaurant.
Thought it was a little over priced for a suburban Thai but that's Perth now.