“Small picturesque mountain lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Alpine

Lake Alpine
Rio Vista, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Small picturesque mountain lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very beautiful setting, with large rocks along the shoreline and a quaint cabin in the middle on an island. People fishing and canoeing complete the picture.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Tom-Maria

Bethel Island, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“My favorite place since i was a child!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2006

Perhaps I'm biased because we've been taking the annual summer trip to Lake Alpine since I was 2 years old(give or take a few years). In fact I'm planning a short 5-day trip in late August to end our summer right! We usually stay in the Lake Alpine Campground, which seems to be the most popular, but we have also spent a night or two in the Silver Tip and Pine Martin campgrounds as well. The Lake Alpine campground is our favorite because it banks directly on the lake which is a plus if you plan on bringing a boat or just want to have a short walk to the beach. We also rent motor boats from the Lake Alpine Lodge, usually for 2 hours for $30. We dont fish, we just like to ride around the lake and enjoy the scenery. When I was a child there used to be range cattle that would wander near the campgrounds early in the morning, they all wore bells around their necks and that is what you would hear first thing in the morning, I haven't heard them in the last few years so I don't know if they are still around but it was a great childhood memory! This year we are renting tent cabins at the Lake Alpine Lodge, we've never done that before so we are excited to try something new-they rent for $40 a night and come with an overhead light and 4 twin beds-so no sore backs in the morning!--not real camping I know but at least there is a fire pit outside so we can still sing our campfire songs before bed and make our smores! I'll be posting another review in late August when we return to let you all know how much our family had!

20 Thank SunnyJoy