“Nice big rooms”

Baywood Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Baywood Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We love this area for a quick escape from city life. It's quiet, and there are many great little walks and hikes close by. It was the first time we stayed at Baywood Inn. We were the only ones there for the first night, which was a little weird! But I was glad because it was clear that the soundproofing was pretty bad. Someone checked in next door finally and although they were quiet, we could hear every word. We stayed in the Santa Fe suite which was spacious and comfortable, although the decor must not have changed since 1990! It made me chuckle, but was not a bother. Everything was very clean. But the bathroom floor squeaked very loudly even when we tried to tiptoe. I would not recommend staying in the room below it!! Also, the town is in the middle of a badly needed sewer project. Be prepared for the sounds of construction starting at 7:30 am on the dot during the week. You may want to ask about it when you book your reservation. It didn't bother us too much, but it might if you like to sleep late.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I have friends from out of town, this is where I send them... if they don't want to crash on my couch. The rooms are unique and well appointed. You also get free wine tasting, happy hour and, breakfast next door @ La Palapa is a treat not to be missed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The walls and floors are so thin! Need I say more! Everytime the people above us went to the bathroom overnight.....sounded like Niagara falls!
The staff was very friendly but very young and were not helpful on places to eat other than the place next door....
Free breakfast was nice but you had to go accross the street for it.....but the food was great.
The place next door only opened when they felt like it which was not great for breakfast!
The room we were in had some ripped wallpaper...

Room Tip: if you must go get a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank slaveto911
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at this and the Back Bay Inn across the street, each, several times, as my parents live nearby. They are both great places to stay and relax. Perhaps this one is a bit more modern but they both have a lot of charm. This property goes out of their way to create unique rooms. The upstairs rooms have incredible views of the bay. The room we had this time also had a gas fireplace and canopy bed! Several restaurants around for meals. Love the Back Bay Cafe in the mornings. But highly recommend the 10th Street Grill in the town of Los Osos, about a mile away.

Room Tip: Stay in upstairs rooms and suites for perfect views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RayPays
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our second stay here and it will not be our last. Very nice staff and rooms. We especially liked that you could choose from three different restaurants for breakfast! We also received some snacks in our room as well as complimentary soda, water and gatorade.This is a great value and a quiet place to enjoy. My only complaint would be that the pillows need some fluff to them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Butterflyturtles
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I find no fault with Baywood Inn, and would choose BAYWOOD INN again & again over the across-the-street option (Back Bay Inn).
I received terrible phone customer service and very bad attitude from Back Bay, and ended up cancelling my reservation (which they couldn't care less about). I wrote about my awful experience with the Back Bay folks....which has yet to be published, and I can only assume it's being "Censored". So much for factual accountings and freedom of speech.
ANYWAY . . on to more pleasant things; the BAYWOOD INN is FABULOUS!! The staff are SO friendly and accommodating, and were so very nice to us for both nights of our stay. Night & day between this staff and across the street!
Maria especially deserves KUDOS for her customer service - she has earned my repeat business, and many others' I'm sure. Maria was very gracious in accommodating us & our young son.
Our room was great; spacious, clean, quiet. The Inn itself is very clean, peaceful, quiet. The breakfast next door at La Palapia was OUTSTANDING. We also enjoyed our 5pm wine there as well.
We stayed two nights and wished it was more. We are already talking about when we can go back.
Rest assured that I have been, and will continue, to spread the GOOD word about BAYWOOD INN, and our bad, but factual, experience with Back Bay.
I would recommend you not waste your time with Back Bay, and book a room with BAYWOOD!!

Room Tip: We peeked in a few rooms - I would have chosen any one of them. Ours was in front on the lower leve...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jafrju
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A great place for couples. There is not much going on but if you want to spend a romantic night it is perfect. The rooms are very beautiful with open fire places and the service was from another world. We would definitely love to come back one day.
Baywood is a little bit foggy but everybody was very friendly and its nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#9 of 29 in Morro Bay
Best Western Tradewinds
Best Western Tradewinds
#7 of 29 in Morro Bay

Been to Baywood Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!