Back Bay Inn
Inn at Morro Bay(Morro Bay)
$130
$105
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$239
Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$90
Estero Inn(Morro Bay)
$259
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
Sundown Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$89
Morro Crest Inn(Morro Bay)
$75
$70
Best Western San Marcos Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$112
$95
Hotels.com
Fireside Inn(Morro Bay)
$63
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscafe next doormorro baygathering roomflower gardencentral coastthe blue heronincluded breakfast isglass of winenight liferooms are comfortablefirst floorwine receptionbeautiful groundsother guestslove this placespent two nightsmain building
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Back Bay Inn in Baywood Park, Los Osos, California is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the bay. We have stayed in three different rooms, all of them with their own charm. The flowers gracing the property are always in bloom, providing a great setting for an enjoyable stroll around the property. The breakfast at the adjacent coffee shop is perfect. We enjoyed the peaceful feel, not touristy at all. You will love it!

Room Tip: The pictures on the website give you a great idea of each room. We like the downstairs, but our son and daughter-in-law had an upstairs room that had a spectacular view. We haven't been disappointed yet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy97
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Setting is lovely but the Inn had more of a motel feel to me. We stayed in room 101 on the ground which had doors overlooking the bay but also meant people walking past could see straight into our room so we had to keep the blinds down. It was particularly chilly when we stayed and the room felt a bit damp. Breakfast was good but we had a very bad meal in the Mexican restaurant across the road.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

i have been to the Back Bay Inn on several occasions. Usually to 'get away from it all" and I've never been disappointed. I was raised in Los Osos, and my family previously owned the Back Bay Inn (Baywood Lodge) so my expectations of maintaining that small town feel were pretty high. They went beyond my expectations, even my kids are begging to go back. That's saying a lot for my city kids. They can't get over how close to the water you are, how quiet it is. They've never heard fish jumping in the water. Pure silence. DON'T bring your cell phone outside, DO bring a light jacket and a bottle of wine. This is my Go-to place for peace and to regroup from today's craziness. Planning a trip this month and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Downstairs. Hate to share my secret in case it makes it hard to book from now on, but downstairs is the way to go. You could sleep with the french doors open if you want. We just like to walk in and out and sit in the chairs to watch the fish jumping, see the lights sparkle, and to hear ABSOLUTE silence.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I were there to belatedly celebrate our anniversary. We thought we wanted more room in the studio room but when we arrived they gave us one with a lanai overlooking the bay since it was our first time there.
The view looking out from our room (#5) was fantastic. We do not have a dog, but we love dogs and could see it that the place was a very pet-friendly B&B; we saw many dogs being walked and talked with other guests who were there with their dogs.
The staff was very friendly and polite--couldn't have asked for more. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you reserve a room in front on the bottom floor with a lanai overlooking the water--you will be very pleased!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I checked into the Back Bay Inn for one night. They have a two night minimum but the owner offered us room 107 and waived the $50 one night penalty due to some remodeling being done in 107. This beautiful little gem is right on the bay and the rooms overlook a serene, peaceful setting that is conducive to relaxation and rest. The room and bath were small but with the large private patio it was more the adequate. My only complaint was the bed. The mattress appeared brand new but it was not comfortable and the headboard rattled even with the slightest movement. The pillows are too thick to be comfortable. However the location is stunning and the staff great! Breakfast vouchers for the little café next door are a real plus. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet retreat for two with easy access to great walks, day trips and food.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have the biggest patios
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple